Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Results for Linux Benchmarks
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) Linux Benchmarks Results for Linux Benchmarks Post 44616 by cpjain on Tuesday 9th of December 2003 05:43:36 AM
Old 12-09-2003
Arithmetic tests needs to be updated for advanced compiler optimization

Hi,
I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler.
When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution.

The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this results in elimination of some part of code.
/-------------------------------------------------
++iter;
/* the loop calls a function to insure that something is done
the results of the function are fed back in (just so they
they won't be thrown away. A loop with
unused assignments may get optimized out of existence */
result = dumb_stuff(result);
/--------------------------------------------------------

This part gets eliminated becuase of IPO.

Steps to reproduce:
$icc -o ./pgms/arithoh -DTIME -O3 -xW -ipo -static -unroll -Darithoh ./src/arith.c

$./pgms/arithoh 1
0 loops

and this results in divide by zero error.

Regards,
CP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

Linux Benchmarks Makes No Sense

I created two computers with identical hardware, and run the benchmark programs in both starting at the same exact time. What makes no sense is that the computer that has the lower average index (121) finished the race a good 30 minutes ahead of the computer wich showed the higher avg index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philip_38
0 Replies

5. Linux

How I will check wheather my linux benchmark results are OK

My system bench mark results INDEX VALUES TEST BASELINE RESULT INDEX Arithmetic Test (type = double) 2541.7 876123.7 344.7 Dhrystone 2 without register variables 22366.3 5411602.3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra s
1 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux ISQL and MSSQL unload results to file

Hello, I am using suse 10.1 and isql from unixodbc to connect to a MS SQL server. I got everything to work fine. What do I need to unload the results from the sql to a file? I attempted to put unload to in my sql statement but got a error. I don't see in the isql help where it has a option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - Crazy results

Here is my script: # # Capture the current directory. export -p CurrentDir="`pwd`" echo $CurrentDir # # Capture the new directory name in the form YYYYMMDD. export -p DateDir="`date +"%Y%m%d"`" echo $DateDir # # Store the desired target directory. export -p... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imprimisxo
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux ls -L Results

I seem to be somewhat baffled by the results of the -L option of the ls command on our new Linux system. I have a symbolic link defined like the following: ptmawpmfld.sqr as /u21/xxxx/m/moranp1/yyyy/fixpaths/tests20091218/awpmfld.sqr When I issue the command ls -l ptmawpmfld.sqr, I see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptmoran
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX SORT command chops results

I am trying to sort a file . The file looks like this: DDFF 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFQ 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFX 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDUA 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load My command: sort -k1 /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt -o /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt The results are OK except for one line where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yahalom
4 Replies
IASL(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   IASL(8)

NAME
iasl -- Intel ACPI compiler/decompiler SYNOPSIS
iasl [-2cefghl] [-b type] [-d file] [-dc file] [-hc] [-hr] [-i type] [-ln] [-ls] [-oa] [-of] [-oi] [-on] [-ot] [-p prefix] [-s type] [-t type] [-vi] [-vo] [-vr] [-vs] [-x level] [-w level] input-file DESCRIPTION
The iasl utility is a compiler/decompiler for ACPI Source Language (ASL) and ACPI Machine Language (AML). Major features of iasl include: o Full support for the ACPI 3.0b Specification including ASL grammar elements and operators. o Extensive compiler syntax and semantic error checking, especially in the area of control methods. This reduces the number of errors that are not discovered until the AML code is actually interpreted (i.e., the compile-time error checking reduces the number of run-time errors). o Multiple types of output files, including formatted listing files with intermixed source, several types of AML files, and error messages. OPTIONS
-2 Emit ACPI 2.0 compatible ASL code. -b p|t|b Create compiler debug/trace file (*.txt). Types: Parse/Tree/Both. -c Parse only, no output generation. -d file Disassemble AML to ASL source code file (*.dsl). -dc file Disassemble AML and immediately compile it. (Obtain DSDT from current system if no input file.) -e Generate External() statements for unresolved symbols. -f Ignore errors, force creation of AML output file(s). -g Get ACPI tables and write to files (*.dat). -h Additional help and compiler debug options. -hc Display operators allowed in constant expressions. -hr Display ACPI reserved method names. -i a|c Create assembler or C include file (*.inc or *.h). -l Create mixed listing file (ASL source and AML) (*.lst). -ln Create namespace file (*.nsp). -ls Create combined source file (expanded includes) (*.src). -oa Disable all optimizations (compatibility mode). -of Disable constant folding. -oi Disable integer optimization to Zero/One/Ones. -on Disable named reference string optimization. -ot Display compile times. -p prefix Specify filename prefix for all output files (including .aml). -s a|c Create AML in assembler or C source file (*.asm or *.c). -t a|c Create AML in assembler or C hex table (*.hex). -vi Less verbose errors and warnings for use with IDEs. -vo Enable optimization comments. -vr Disable remarks. -vs Disable signon. -x level Set debug level for trace output. -w level Set warning level. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpidump(8) HISTORY
The iasl utility is provided with Intel ACPI-CA. It first appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. AUTHORS
The iasl utility was written by Intel. This manual page was written by Nate Lawson. BSD
May 20, 2008 BSD