Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Latest Design of New Unix Header (Flash) Post 44590 by Neo on Monday 8th of December 2003 05:46:03 PM
Old 12-08-2003
BTW, here was a note to our designer:

Code:
Thanks. I think it looks great. I''ll post to our members to look at. A few things.....

(1) Could you try a different font for unix.com ?

(2) Can you tastfully flash and fade in/out ''Universal Internet eXchange'  somewhere ?

(3) Could you think if there is any tastful movement to the arrows?

(4) Possible to put a bit of light movement around the border of the thing in the middle that provides the depth?

Great job.......!!!!!! WoW! Coming along nicely!!!!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How Many "Falling Unix Commands" are in the Flash Header?

A poll!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

2. Programming

c++, design patterns and Unix

I know this is C Unix section, still I address a C++ question. How often did you see/use/apply or consider is welcome to write C++ code on Unix, based on 'design patters'? Since I'm at the very beginning with Unix programming, I have this doubt, ... about DP techniques and languages where to apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to design compiler for unix os

i have to design a compiler for unix os can anybody help me out to solve this problem (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masumhisaria
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX Circuit Design System

Hi all. In some articles I have read about a "UNIX Circuit Design System", which was written originally in some version of Research UNIX by Sandy Fraser. Here is a quote from the article "A Research UNIX Reader: Annotated Excerpts from the Programmer's Manual", by Douglas McIlroy: Even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mghis
1 Replies
ADDFTINFO(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 ADDFTINFO(1)

NAME
addftinfo - add information to troff font files for use with groff SYNOPSIS
addftinfo [ -v ] [ -param value... ] res unitwidth font DESCRIPTION
addftinfo reads a troff font file and adds some additional font-metric information that is used by the groff system. The font file with the information added is written on the standard output. The information added is guessed using some parametric information about the font and assumptions about the traditional troff names for characters. The main information added is the heights and depths of characters. The res and unitwidth arguments should be the same as the corresponding parameters in the DESC file; font is the name of the file describing the font; if font ends with I the font will be assumed to be italic. OPTIONS
-v prints the version number. All other options changes one of the parameters that is used to derive the heights and depths. Like the existing quantities in the font file, each value is in inches/res for a font whose point size is unitwidth. param must be one of: x-height The height of lowercase letters without ascenders such as x. fig-height The height of figures (digits). asc-height The height of characters with ascenders, such as b, d or l. body-height The height of characters such as parentheses. cap-height The height of uppercase letters such as A. comma-depth The depth of a comma. desc-depth The depth of characters with descenders, such as p,q, or y. body-depth The depth of characters such as parentheses. addftinfo makes no attempt to use the specified parameters to guess the unspecified parameters. If a parameter is not specified the default will be used. The defaults are chosen to have the reasonable values for a Times font. SEE ALSO
groff_font(5), groff(1), groff_char(7) Groff Version 1.21 31 December 2010 ADDFTINFO(1)