Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: do i have a virus???
Special Forums Cybersecurity do i have a virus??? Post 4455 by Neo on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 10:57:25 PM
Old 07-24-2001
The chances of this being a virus problem is small. There are too many other things that can go wrong to cause this. UNIX is not really very virus-friendly due to the way the OS is built.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus????????

i tought you can;t get virus in unix ? i have some admins buddys that work in bsd all he time and they sayed you can;t get viurs in unix is that true? download.com is putting virux updates out for mac OS X ................ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can linux get a virus on the boot sec from windows? becuse my buddys computer micro trend cmos virus keeps telling him that there is a boot sec virus on my hdd is that possable or is the box being dumb and looking at the linux boot as a virus? it was set up as a windows box not a linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus detection

IS there virus software for unix? I worked in a Solaris environment and dont remember having anything. I also ask because the current enviroment i am working on is Microsoft and they argue that they do not use unix because of virus detection. Any input would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Worm Virus

I am running Unix SCO and have discovered the worm virus. It is enabled through a BIOS connections, I am able to get around it using telnet, believe it or not. - Can anyone recommend a virus scan software? - Has anyone successfully used a virus scan software on unix without a problem? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_cr32
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus Software

I'm trying to find out what kind of virus software UNIX has, if any. Please let me know and please inform me of the prefered types. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix and virus

why one normally hears tht virus has stuck windows and one does not hear that unix has been stuck by virus...wht make unix so powerfull tht virus does not stuck it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
9 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

virus help:

:confused: folder option is dissapiaring in tool menu iam formatting c drive after removal of this virus & also regedit is also not opening the messerge say's administrater disabled with out formattiung how ican solve this problem i.e iwant to get folder options& regedit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Virus and Malware

How do i manage virus and melware in Unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suriano10
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP keeps getting virus

Hi All, My old laptop has Windows XP. I reinstalled only last month and installed AVG free anti-virus. It's like every month, I get some kind of spyware or virus issue. which anti-virus software you guys using? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)