Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix OR Linux Cert?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix OR Linux Cert? Post 4386 by aliissa on Thursday 31st of May 2001 05:07:46 PM
Old 05-31-2001
Computer

alwayslearningunix,

Thanks a lot fo those couple sites, it helped a lot and gave me direction to find the sites that I would be looking for to get my HP-UX cert.

Since you live in portland and seems to know much more than I know about UNIX, do you know if there is any LUGS in portland Area for beginners?

I am also regestering with PCC for a UNIX class and I was wondering if you think that is a good start or if there is any other options?

Thanks again,

Ali

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Unix OR Linux Cert?

Hi, I am an NT MCSE who has decided to abandon the MSCE Win2K path and take the UNIX/Linux Path. But since I am very new to that field, I am not sure exactly what Certification I should get that would cover the biggest area of that field as possible. Not to mention if I should got with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliissa
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Cert.

Does anyone have the question or a practice exam for the Solaris 8 Certification. If so email me at (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenVPN 2.09 ns-cert-type ???

--ns-cert-type client|server Require that peer certificate was signed with an explicit nsCertType designation of "client" or "server". This is a useful security option for clients, to ensure that the host they connect with is a designated server. See the easy-rsa/build-key-server script for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux+ cert study question on cfdir

I came across a question studying for my Linux+ exam. The question deals with a customer who installed a new hard drive on a Linux system. Question asks what is the order of task to allow a MP3 collection to be put on the new drive. The answer given is cfdir, mkfs, mount. My question is what is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreday13
1 Replies

5. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Thinking about taking a Sun OS Cert

What are your thoughts on the Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) certification? Is it worth the effort or should I just by pass this and go straight into the Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) certification? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Question on Solaris Cert.

Hi, Last year, I took Solaris 9 part 1 certification and passed. Due to many things in my life I never took part 2. I am ready to take it now. But I see every one is using Solaris 10 now. In my company, we use 10 on few boxes but mostly we are still on Solaris 9. so my question is should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding SSL Cert Info

How do I find out the SSL cert info on the local server? How do I know if an ssl cert is installed on local server? How it was issued to? Who was the issuer? What's the expiration date? Any other relevant information? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scj2012
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cert Question

Good morning! Need a little advice as to which direction I should choose when it comes to certifications. My current position now is a RH Linux Administrator, and have been in the position for about 4 months. We are currently running RHEL 6.8 VM's, with no plans to moving to RHEL 7 no time soon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiveyb
0 Replies
Text::Markdown::Discount(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Text::Markdown::Discount(3pm)

NAME
Text::Markdown::Discount - Perl extension interface for "Discount", an implementation of John Gruber's "markdown" <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/> in C developed by David Loren Parsons <http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc>. SYNOPSIS
use Text::Markdown::Discount; my $html = markdown($text) DESCRIPTION
Given that the performance of Discount, Text::Markdown::Discount processes markdown formatted text quickly and passes the Markdown test suite at <http://daringfireball.net/projects/downloads/MarkdownTest_1.0.zip> the interface of <markdown()> is not compatible with Text::Markdown::markdown() EXPORT markdown is exported by default. SEE ALSO
Text::Markdown, http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/markdown/ AUTHOR
Masayoshi Sekimura, <sekimura@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 by Masayoshi Sekimura This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. This product includes software developed by David Loren Parsons <http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-02 Text::Markdown::Discount(3pm)