Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logoff ghost user
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers logoff ghost user Post 4369 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 03:52:38 PM
Old 07-24-2001
kill -9`ps -ef|grep $user|grep (pts/??|tty?)|awk '{ print $2 }'`

there ya go. all you need to know is the user and the pts or tty you want to knock off. ;} even zombie prossesses have a proccess id (i beleave)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logoff idle user script

Will someone please share a script with me that will read in each line of the who -u output and if idle time is more than 50 min, execute a kill on the PID? This is what I have so far: who -u | cut -c 40-56 I am comfortable in the korn shell, but I can broaden my horizons if you've got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
4 Replies

2. AIX

Logoff a user...

Hi... could anyone tell me how to kill a user session on my server with out affecting other user? Bala (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
6 Replies

3. SCO

Apparent logoff’s due to inactivity.

I have run across an issue with the last two Dell Poweredge servers I have attempted to deploy. I seems that when a telnet session sits idle for 5 to 30 minutes (seems random) the session is being closed and users are logged off. If the session has user activity there is no problem staying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadgetman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list the names of users who logoff in last 4 minutes

i am new to unix shell program, please someone hint me how to get the names of users who make logouts in last 4 minutes? i dont need complete script, but only the guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jax_anchal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running a script during logoff

I know we can put whatever we need to run during login inside /etc/profile or .profile file. I want to run a set of commands before logoff. Where should I put my commands/scripts? Is such facility available? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
3 Replies

6. AIX

Track user logoff in AIX 5.3

Hi Does anybody know if there is a way in AIX 5.3 to track how a user was logged off? For instance where the user typed exit, hit crtl D, shell process was killed, etc. I know of the last log entries but this just shows a users login time and duration. I also tried syslog but I only get login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logon/Logoff script

I need help for writing a logon/logoff script for recording user's computer usage time. This is for local login only, not for ssh or something like that. When a user logon, there should be a temp file (/home/acct/login_temp) generated including the logname and logon time information in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimx
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement for Login/Logoff Script

I'm currently trying to write a login script. I have already written a logoff script that uses an if/else statement. #!/bin/bash TIMED=$(date +%H) if ' then echo Have a Great Day $USER else echo Have a Great Night $USER fi But I'd like to write one that give me the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbowers
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops after logoff...why??

Hi' i am runing a script thats run with a loop...while loop true. when i exit the server..logon and again the script doenst run. its a bash script test.sh. i run it as: #./test.sh & what can be the priblem please? thanks alot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Blank Screen after logoff server via vnc Viewer.

Hello All, I have installed VNC Server on Ubuntu system to access this system from windows machine i'm using VNC Viewer. When i logged off the server from windows machine through VNC Viewer its showing blank screen only... Kindly help. Regards, Purushottam Aher (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)