Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paths update
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paths update Post 4342 by phpote on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 10:21:41 AM
Old 07-24-2001
Hammer & Screwdriver Paths update

After unpacking a solaris 2.6 package with success, I need to update the paths so I can "see"the new software.
The manual shows me what the path should be but I don't have a clue on how to change that.
Asking a stupid question makes me look stupid 30 sec. Not asking makes me stupid the rest of my life....right ?

thanks for your help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and there´s no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create paths

Hello! If I have file like that: AAA ->bbb ->ccc ->ddd ->eee how to create full paths like: AAA->bbb AAA->ccc->ddd AAA->ccc->eee ? (I'm sorry for mistakes - english is not my native language) :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias47
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

4. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

7. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem understanding Paths

If I don't explain my issue well enough, I apologize ahead of time, extreme newbie here to scripting. I'm currently learning scripting from books and have moved on to the text Wicked Cool Shell Scripts by Dave Taylor, but there are still basic concepts that I'm having trouble understanding. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chasman78
10 Replies

9. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-PATH(1) 						   systemd-path 						   SYSTEMD-PATH(1)

NAME
systemd-path - List and query system and user paths SYNOPSIS
systemd-path [OPTIONS...] [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-path may be used to query system and user paths. The tool makes many of the paths described in file-hierarchy(7) available for querying. When invoked without arguments, a list of known paths and their current values is shown. When at least one argument is passed, the path with this name is queried and its value shown. The variables whose name begins with "search-" do not refer to individual paths, but instead to a list of colon-separated search paths, in their order of precedence. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --suffix= The printed paths are suffixed by the specified string. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), file-hierarchy(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-PATH(1)