Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating swap space under Solaris 2.6 Post 4319 by yellowfish on Tuesday 24th of July 2001 02:36:57 AM
Old 07-24-2001

here comes my question
if I have enough memory (let's say 2Gb), do I really need a swap?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pageing space vs swap space

Hello, I would like to know if there is any difference between the pageing space and the swap space. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VeroL
1 Replies

2. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allocating swap space on solaris 9

Hi, I have a solaris 9-sparc box, which after bouncing is giving swap space related error messages(that swap space is not enough). could it be possible that there was some command issued or setting made before bouncing, which was lost after bouncing? please let me know how i can add swap space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 SWAP SPACE

We have a SPARC system which is running on Solaris-9 and Physical memory size is 16GB.We have allocated 32GB SWAP space(2 times of physical memory).But when we use df -h command it shows following output and SWAP space size shows more than our allocated space # df -h Filesystem size used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberdemon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Without using top, how to get swap space of a "subzone" on Solaris 5.10

Hi all, OS = Solaris 5.10 Without using top, can anyone please advise how to get the current swap space that is assigned to a sub-zone that is part of the Solaris zone? Some of the servers does not have the top command and I do not have access to run zone level commands either like zonecfg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate swap space usage in Solaris and converts it in Percentage

Hi Folks, I am looking for a way to write a script to calculate swap usage in Solaris so that the current usage will be shown in Percentage value. Thanks!! Based on 'swap -s' command # swap -s total: 1378936k bytes allocated + 1236880k reserved = 2615816k used, 2725104k available (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
2 Replies

9. Linux

How to reclaim the space which i used to increse the swap space on Xen,

Hi, i have done a blunder here, i increased the swap space on Xen5.6 server machine using below steps :- 1056 dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/myswapfile bs=1M count=1024 1057 ls -l /root/myswapfile 1058 chmod 600 /root/myswapfile 1059 mkswap /root/myswapfile 1060 swapon /root/myswapfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apm
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Swap space in Solaris box

Hello Team, By the way of introduction, I am new member in this forum and proud too :) Here is my questions: In one of our Solaris Sparc v9 box, we are facing issues related to swap space. Our custom applications are using swap space even though physical memory is available. From some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush_28
3 Replies
Glib::Flags(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Glib::Flags(3)

NAME
Glib::Flags DESCRIPTION
Glib maps flag and enum values to the nicknames strings provided by the underlying C libraries. Representing flags this way in Perl is an interesting problem, which Glib solves by using some cool overloaded operators. The functions described here actually do the work of those overloaded operators. See the description of the flags operators in the "This Is Now That" section of Glib for more info. HIERARCHY
Glib::Flags METHODS
scalar = $class->new ($a) o $a (scalar) Create a new flags object with given bits. This is for use from a subclass, it's not possible to create a "Glib::Flags" object as such. For example, my $f1 = Glib::ParamFlags->new ('readable'); my $f2 = Glib::ParamFlags->new (['readable','writable']); An object like this can then be used with the overloaded operators. scalar = $a->all ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) ref = $a->as_arrayref integer = $a->bool ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) integer = $a->eq ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) integer = $a->ge ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->intersect ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) integer = $a->ne ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (integer) scalar = $a->sub ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->union ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) scalar = $a->xor ($b, $swap) o $b (scalar) o $swap (scalar) SEE ALSO
Glib COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Glib for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Glib::Flags(3)