Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email formatting Post 42938 by Optimus_P on Friday 7th of November 2003 09:06:38 AM
Old 11-07-2003
sorry i cant assist you on this one norsk.

in all honesty i have pretty much forgotten all my perl (currently relearning it) since i dont use it offten.

but if you goto http://www.pm.org/ you can find a local perl group mailing list, i am sure they can assist you on anything perl related.

since there are 2 "From" fields. try putting a space after the "From " or use the other from field "From: ". but useing just 1 from would give it to many arguments possably?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

email from *nix to Exchange - text formatting issue

Oracle Linux 5.6 x-86-64 (Red Hat derivitive) I have several shell scripts that capture output to a log file, then use that log file as the source of an email. For a very simplified example: echo Today is `date` >> $logfile /bin/mail -s "$subject" "$sendto" < $logfile (yes, $subject... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting The Email Output

Hello All, When i use the single quotes around the variables i am getting each line in the array as seperate in the email as shown in code2 & output2. But i don't want those single quotes to be printed but each array element should be printed as seperate line as when i remove those single quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email formatting gets disturbed because of screen resolution

Hi friends, I have written a shell script which send a report to email address everyday. The report is generated on UNIX server every day, Generated report is sent to 25 users through cron. All 25 users have set different screen resolution for their monitor. The email looks wel formatted for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies
FORWARD(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							FORWARD(5)

NAME
forward -- mail forwarding instructions DESCRIPTION
The .forward file contains a list of mail addresses or programs that the user's mail should be redirected to. If the file is not present, then no mail forwarding will be done. Mail may also be forwarded as the standard input to a program by prefixing the line with the normal shell pipe symbol (|). If arguments are to be passed to the command, then the entire line should be enclosed in quotes. For security rea- sons, the .forward file must be owned by the user the mail is being sent to, or by root, and the user's shell must be listed in /etc/shells. For example, if a .forward file contained the following lines: nobody@FreeBSD.org "|/usr/bin/vacation nobody" Mail would be forwarded to <nobody@FreeBSD.org> and to the program /usr/bin/vacation with the single argument nobody. If a local user address is prefixed with a backslash character, mail is delivered directly to the user's mail spool file, bypassing further redirection. For example, if user chris had a .forward file containing the following lines: chris@otherhost chris One copy of mail would be forwarded to chris@otherhost and another copy would be retained as mail for local user chris. FILES
$HOME/.forward The user's forwarding instructions. SEE ALSO
aliases(5), mailaddr(7), sendmail(8) BSD
July 2, 1996 BSD