Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursive rcp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recursive rcp Post 42896 by Nicol on Thursday 6th of November 2003 10:52:10 AM
Old 11-06-2003
in french , we say "bon dieu mais c'est bien sûr"

=> oh god for sure

sorry i'm surely tired , it was so simple !

thanks a lot

christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp in SCO 5.0.7

I am installing 5.0.7 on an existing SCO network. The 2 other machines are using 5.0.5 and rcp works daily both ways between the 2 older machines. However I cannot copy from either machine running 5.0.5 to the new 5.0.7 machine - "Permission Denied" /etc/hosts is configured correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp error

I'm trying to perform a rcp to a remote machine, but it keeps throwing up "LOGNAME: undefined variable" error. When I echo $LOGNAME, it comes up with my username. I have tried setting both the .rhosts and the .hosts.equiv file but to no avail (on both machines as well out of desperation!). Anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: divid_gil
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on rcp,exportfs

i need some help on remote file copyieng.the queeries are: 1:> m working on a machine say(abc) and i want to copy a directory(yes a directory) from a remote machine. so what would be the command. 2:> do in need to login on the source machine from where i want to copy a directory. 3:> is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp the file

Hi I am using rcp command to copy the file one linux to other linux machine I need the ouput log for this like 1 file coied size of the file date stamp my copy comman is rcp 10.100.11.2:/u01/pr/uni.txt /u05/ryd/uni.txt once this script run i need to capture the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp problem

Hi, When I try to use rcp I donīt recieve the file I try to fetch. I donīt get any error message, it just execute and as far as I can tell doesnīt do anything. I have no problem with using remsh to list the directory. remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root ls xdpyinfo: unable to open display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-46p] file1 file2 rcp [-46pr] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
The rcp utility copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``ruser@rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no ':' characters, or a '/' before any ':'s). The following options are available: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -p Cause rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignoring the umask(2). By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file modi- fied by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. -r If any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a directory. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to the login directory of the specified user ruser on rhost, or your current user name if no other remote user name is specified. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using '', '"', or ''') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. The rcp utility does not prompt for passwords; it performs remote execution via rsh(1), and requires the same authorization. The rcp utility handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), hosts.equiv(5) HISTORY
The rcp command appeared in 4.2BSD. The version of rcp described here has been reimplemented with Kerberos in 4.3BSD-Reno. BUGS
Does not detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. The destination user and hostname may have to be specified as ``rhost.ruser'' when the destination machine is running the 4.2BSD version of rcp. BSD
October 16, 2002 BSD