Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formfeed after each file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Formfeed after each file Post 42753 by jgordon on Monday 3rd of November 2003 04:43:24 PM
Old 11-03-2003
Printer does respond to formfeeds, and it's the same sequence used in the header. I added the code so that there is a formfeed after the header prints.

I created a little script that I may end up using to filter my print requests. Right now it is hardcoded to loop through all the files in a directory and then print them using the lp interface. I then get my header and file breaks.

I just can't seem to get the lp interface to break apart each of the files when you use wildcard characters in the command line. It treats "*.ext" as one entry and thus doesn't invoke the lp interface to process between files.

If you have any other suggestions, people to contact or websites to review, I would appreciate it. I also appreciate your help thus far in helping narrow down my options.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FormFeed BEFORE printing a job

I have a problem where my printer formfeeds a blank page prior to printing a job. Anyone know where I can turn this off? AIX O/S - RS-6000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp FormFeed Escape characters

I'm trying to modify the /usr/lib/lp/model/netstandard file to generate a header for all the print jobs that are sent, but there is no formfeed defined so the the job prints right after the header with no page break. What is the sequence I need in order to generate a formfeed? Or, do you have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgordon
4 Replies

3. Solaris

formfeed problem

i am running an .sql script in sqlplus which is spooling in a file. but when i am opening the file using vi editor it is showing ^L in front of 1st,2nd and last line. when i am opening the file with cat this problem is not there. how to solve this problem? this above mentioned file is the input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imppayel
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk: delete n lines following a formfeed

Hi Members, This is my first post in this forum. I want to do is match form feed lines one by one in a file and delete the next n lines (ex-3 lines) with the form feed character Eg - Files looks like Data 1 Data 2 Data 3 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 Data4 Data5 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
lpstat(1)							    Apple Inc.								 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print cups status information SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -E ] [ -H ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -l ] [ -W which-jobs ] [ -a [ destination(s) ] ] [ -c [ class(es) ] ] [ -d ] [ -o [ destination(s) ] ] [ -p [ printer(s) ] ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u [ user(s) ] ] [ -v [ printer(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpstat displays status information about the current classes, jobs, and printers. When run with no arguments, lpstat will list jobs queued by the current user. OPTIONS
The lpstat command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -H Shows the server hostname and port. -R Shows the ranking of print jobs. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -W which-jobs Specifies which jobs to show, completed or not-completed (the default). This option must appear before the -o option and/or any printer names, otherwise the default (not-completed) value will be used in the request to the scheduler. -a [printer(s)] Shows the accepting state of printer queues. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -c [class(es)] Shows the printer classes and the printers that belong to them. If no classes are specified then all classes are listed. -d Shows the current default destination. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Shows a long listing of printers, classes, or jobs. -o [destination(s)] Shows the jobs queue on the specified destinations. If no destinations are specified all jobs are shown. -p [printer(s)] Shows the printers and whether or not they are enabled for printing. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -r Shows whether the CUPS server is running. -s Shows a status summary, including the default destination, a list of classes and their member printers, and a list of printers and their associated devices. This is equivalent to using the "-d", "-c", and "-v" options. -t Shows all status information. This is equivalent to using the "-r", "-d", "-c", "-v", "-a", "-p", and "-o" options. -u [user(s)] Shows a list of print jobs queued by the specified users. If no users are specified, lists the jobs queued by the current user. -v [printer(s)] Shows the printers and what device they are attached to. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. COMPATIBILITY
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", and "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The "-h", "-E", "-U", and "-W" options are unique to CUPS. The Solaris "-f", "-P", and "-S" options are silently ignored. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 10 September 2008 CUPS lpstat(1)