Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System wide CDE setup
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System wide CDE setup Post 42720 by meyersp on Monday 3rd of November 2003 09:35:47 AM
Old 11-03-2003
System wide CDE setup

Does anyone know how to make system wide changes to the CDE's front panel icons? I dont know if it matters but im running Solaris 9.

THanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links working system wide

I have created symbolic links to several frequently used commands, for example: "lt" is a link to "ls -ltrgo|tail". What can I do to make these links available system-wide, or at least in the directories my coworkers are in most of the time? I have copied the link to several directories, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND function - system wide

Hi, I have a task to search for a file called 'Xstartup' in the whole system because there might be different versions of it which overrite eachother. Can anyone suggest a smart command to run this search ? The machine needs to scan every single folder beginning from root. Please help, I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

System wide user thread limit. does that exists :?

Hi all, Is there any system wide limit on number of user threads. I only find nkthread as a tunable parameter,apart from the `per process limit`. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krsh
1 Replies

5. Linux

System wide find and sort

Hi, I need to look for a config file (ldap.conf) and pick the latest modified file. `locate` tells me there are many ldap.conf's, some in /etc, /usr, /home, etc. Is there some way I can sort them by last modified time via bash? I was thinking maybe I could pipe the output of `locate` to `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Housni
4 Replies

6. AIX

Legal Disclaimer setup in CDE

Hi pals I manage nearly 200+ aix workstations. I need to setup a legal disclaimer in all the workstations. When the user do a interactive login in CDE the legal disclaimer should be displayed and once he accepts the same he should be able to login to system. Can anybody suggest me as to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[GPG] System-wide public key?

We need to have many of our users all send encrypted files to a single FTP server. The problem, if I understand how encryption/decryption works (which I don't), is that each user would normally have their own private and public key. The other end needs to be able to decrypt the file(s) using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing system-wide for umask

Hi everybody, How can I change the default UMASK for non root users, e.g. I want the umask for every new created user will be 0044. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)												  DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)

NAME
DtWsmChangeBackdrop -- set current workspace's backdrop SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmChangeBackdrop( Display *display, Window root, char *path, Pixmap pixmap); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmChangeBackdrop function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and changes the current workspace's backdrop. Applications can use this function to implement an interface to the workspace manager. If the DtWsmChangeBackdrop function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. DtWsmChangeBackdrop sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to change the backdrop. The path argument points to a backdrop file name. The file must be in either X Bitmap file format (with extension .bm) or Pixmap file for- mat (with extension .pm). The workspace management services look for the file along the same path used for searching icons. The directory /usr/dt/backdrops is the default directory if the file cannot be found along the icon search path. ARGUMENTS
display display root root window of the screen path file path to bitmap file pixmap pixmap ID of backdrop pixmap SEE ALSO
DtWsm(5) "Communicating with the Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Guide "Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Overview DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)