Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking ip network connectivity with novell Post 4263 by edw1ns on Monday 23rd of July 2001 07:32:33 AM
Old 07-23-2001
I have Unix V4.00, SunOS 5.7 and Solaris 1.3. Is this enough information?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Connectivity lost after reboot

I have 4 V440 servers running Solaris 9. I have their interfaces configured (ce0) and have connectivity to our network. However, after reboot,...the connectivity is lost although the interface shows that its still up after an ifconfig -a. Only after I reconfigure the interface do I restore... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
19 Replies

2. Solaris

pcn0 intermittent network connectivity issue

I have a solaris 10 x86 installed on a VMware server. It has been runing well for a couple weeks, but started to have network connectivity issue since last week. The network card seems to be up and down every one minute. So I got connection closed after I sshed to it for about one minute. #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xend kills network connectivity on boot

red hat 5 update 4 64bit. linux newby. on an interactive boot i can ping -t my vm linux server from my physical MS XP workstation and a vm W2000 64 bit server until xend is started, after that i get destination unreachable. if i choose not to start xend on the interactive boot i retain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slartibartfast9
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the tcp network connectivity between server

Hello, I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. i have written the below code but it doesn't work, but when i execute the nc command outside the script it works fine. please help me where i am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
8 Replies

6. IP Networking

Help with to check the tcp network connectivity between servers and hosts

ello, i am new to the networking side. I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. please help me where i am going wrong. my code: #!/bin/bash #read the file line by line cd "$1" cat... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
17 Replies

7. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Pureflex network connectivity issue

Hello Everyone We have purchased IBM Pureflex chassis with 5 P460 blades. We have configured each blade with dual vios and 4 vio clients. VIOS installation and vio client installation and configuration was completed successfully. When we tried to connect the network cables from Pureflex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvarakasil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)