Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Turning off the CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Turning off the CDE Post 42284 by mrhyde on Sunday 26th of October 2003 08:21:10 AM
Old 10-26-2003
Pressy's solution will work, however, when the system boots to level two init will attemp to execute the script and echo an error on the screen, this is a poor administration technique! No offence pressy, in my earlier post I meant to say I agree with the second post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

turning off certain http requests

On a sparc solaris 8 host running sunone webserver 6 I would like to limit the http requests that can be used when port 80 is accessed. We currently have http/1.0 enabled. For example I would like to remove the http request DELETE. Regards, BLP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turning Echo off

Hi, Is there any way like in dos to turn the echo off in a script? i have some lines popping up that i dont wish to be viewed when i am unziping a file it brings up the message updating: log.txt (deflated 72%) and extracting: log.txt i dont want these be viewed. Andy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
4 Replies

3. AIX

turning auditing on AIX 4.3

Hi, What's the best way to turn on the auditing in AIX 4.3? I'm in an environment where root password are shared with many users. Can sudoers member be audited properly? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Turning in.ftpd on and off

For two straight days someone was running in.ftpd in my server (apparently looking to break in) and when I would do "top" almost every line would read "in.ftpd". I had a unix sysadmin friend of mine shut it down and then start it back up in a day and a half and all seems OK for now. Here's what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

6. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

9. SCO

Need help turning off bootpd

OSR 5.0.7 patched with MP 5 The syslog is flooded with messages: May 9 13:42:12 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.215 May 9 13:42:13 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.142 May 9 13:42:50 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.202 The system... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning given date to epoch

i can probably script this in bash, but, i was wondering, does anyone know of a simple way to translate a given time to epoch? date -d@"29/Oct/2013:17:53:11" the user would specify the date: 29/Oct/2013:17:53:11 and the script will simply interpret that to epoch: 1348838383 (this is just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)												  DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)

NAME
DtWsmChangeBackdrop -- set current workspace's backdrop SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmChangeBackdrop( Display *display, Window root, char *path, Pixmap pixmap); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmChangeBackdrop function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and changes the current workspace's backdrop. Applications can use this function to implement an interface to the workspace manager. If the DtWsmChangeBackdrop function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. DtWsmChangeBackdrop sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to change the backdrop. The path argument points to a backdrop file name. The file must be in either X Bitmap file format (with extension .bm) or Pixmap file for- mat (with extension .pm). The workspace management services look for the file along the same path used for searching icons. The directory /usr/dt/backdrops is the default directory if the file cannot be found along the icon search path. ARGUMENTS
display display root root window of the screen path file path to bitmap file pixmap pixmap ID of backdrop pixmap SEE ALSO
DtWsm(5) "Communicating with the Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Guide "Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Overview DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)