Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple test driving me mad!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple test driving me mad! Post 42240 by alarmcall on Friday 24th of October 2003 09:50:19 AM
Old 10-24-2003
Thanks Perderabo - of course you're absolutely right, my version of Korn is not 93, so it doesn't support floats - grrr.Smilie

I'm going to try a workaround, since after reading through the installation instructions for Korn93 I've decided I've not got anywhere near enough knowledge to do so - I don't even understand some of the terminology!!

If you know of a newbie friendly set of instructions for doing the install on an UNNETWORKED ULTRA 60, please let me know!

Cheers,

alarmcall

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum! I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Menace
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Getting mad at different CMD / Batch behaviour

I have these commands: MOVE "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup\" "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup_%date%\" xxcopy /E /Y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple negated test condition

Without grep, I'd like to make a test condition so that any a word that does not have the successive letters car in it will be echoed. for example, bluecar will contain "car" so it will show up as a no var=bluecar $ echo $var|if ]; then echo "yes";fi yes this variable contains "car" so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to test mountGpoint for read-write

Guys, need your help urgently. ServerA ServerB ServerA has an email facility and can connect remotely via root using key to ServerB What I am trying to achieve here is ServerA would be able to remotely: 1. Do command 'touch /mnt/testfile.date' on ServerB 2. If touch failed with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong test interpretation for simple function.

Hello everyone, I have written simple script below to check if ip is added to interface #!/usr/local/bin/bash IFCONFIG="/sbin/ifconfig" SERVICE="/usr/sbin/service" IP="79.137.X.X" GREP=$(${IFCONFIG} | grep ${IP}) ip_quantity_check () { echo ${GREP} | wc -l } if ];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryn1u
2 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)