Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View device drivers?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers View device drivers? Post 4211 by PxT on Friday 20th of July 2001 05:28:13 PM
Old 07-20-2001
Which version/vendor of Unix are you using?

'dmesg' will show some boot messages which might give you some info on what drivers were loaded when the machine came up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linux Device Drivers

Here is a cool book. And the price is right! Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Are Your Device Drivers Wacked Or Hacked?

Suggestion. Besides running scans it is also a good thing to run "sigverif". This will create a list of ALL drivers on your system, signed and unsigned. The output is located in your C:Windowssigverif.txt file. It surprised me most people do not do this. Many trojans mask themselves as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOverLord
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

4. Solaris

writing device drivers,for a beginner!!!

Hi all, Please excuse me if this is not the right forum to ask my question. I would like to know more about writing device drivers for Unix,particularly Solaris 10. excuse me if am being vague, but I have absolutely no idea about how i can start. I did try to search for a beginners guide to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Programming

linux device drivers

hi, this is manju .... i want linux device drivers source codes. pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miraclemanju
2 Replies

6. Solaris

SPARC and device drivers

Hello all, I'm new here.. Can you please help me with device driver on Solaris10, Sun SPARC server; I need to know how to test if a PCI card is recognized and has a working driver. How to do it? As it is, the driver seems to be 'not attached', but some say it could be because the PCI card is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Learn Linux File System and Device Drivers

I am to start working on two project on Linux Device Drivers and other on File System. So I got the book "Understanding Linux Kernel" by Daniel and Marco. But I am confused as how to proce Will anybody pls let me know how to go to about studying the chapter in this book? I mean the order in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shefalibv
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
STRUCT 
DEVICE_DRIVER(9) Device drivers infrastructure STRUCT DEVICE_DRIVER(9) NAME
struct_device_driver - The basic device driver structure SYNOPSIS
struct device_driver { const char * name; struct bus_type * bus; struct module * owner; const char * mod_name; bool suppress_bind_attrs; const struct of_device_id * of_match_table; const struct acpi_device_id * acpi_match_table; int (* probe) (struct device *dev); int (* remove) (struct device *dev); void (* shutdown) (struct device *dev); int (* suspend) (struct device *dev, pm_message_t state); int (* resume) (struct device *dev); const struct attribute_group ** groups; const struct dev_pm_ops * pm; struct driver_private * p; }; MEMBERS
name Name of the device driver. bus The bus which the device of this driver belongs to. owner The module owner. mod_name Used for built-in modules. suppress_bind_attrs Disables bind/unbind via sysfs. of_match_table The open firmware table. acpi_match_table The ACPI match table. probe Called to query the existence of a specific device, whether this driver can work with it, and bind the driver to a specific device. remove Called when the device is removed from the system to unbind a device from this driver. shutdown Called at shut-down time to quiesce the device. suspend Called to put the device to sleep mode. Usually to a low power state. resume Called to bring a device from sleep mode. groups Default attributes that get created by the driver core automatically. pm Power management operations of the device which matched this driver. p Driver core's private data, no one other than the driver core can touch this. DESCRIPTION
The device driver-model tracks all of the drivers known to the system. The main reason for this tracking is to enable the driver core to match up drivers with new devices. Once drivers are known objects within the system, however, a number of other things become possible. Device drivers can export information and configuration variables that are independent of any specific device. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT DEVICE_DRIVER(9)