Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users lp FormFeed Escape characters Post 41826 by jgordon on Wednesday 15th of October 2003 02:01:19 PM
Old 10-15-2003
thanks. That did it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of escape characters?

Hi, I am trying to execute the following command from a batch script, but no matter how many escape characters I put in it doesn't execute properly. It works fine from the command line with quotes around the -exec part. #!/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/atria/bin/cleartool setview -exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape characters..

hey i want to know the unix commands to replace all the character escape sequences with their "C" values in a string... thanks in advance..! Regards, Sharanya (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsin2001
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for escape characters

Hi all I have been trying to write a script to look for a set of specific escape characters in a file. On viewing the file via vi it shows this : ^ I understand this means no end of line. I have tried a vary of grep parameters such as grep ^\^. filename grep --binary-file=binary without... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Escape Characters on various shells

Hi, I want to know if escape charaters work on all the popular UNIX shells. More specifically I want to know if echo "\c" will work on most of the UNIX shells and are there any specific shells on which \c won't work. Please help. Thanks, Vineet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed to escape special characters

Hello Everyone, I need to read an encrypted password from the user and update that value in an xml file. I am trying to use "sed" for searching the appropriate tag and replacing this new value that get from the user. Since the encrypted password can contain special characters(like /,\,&,etc),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majose
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to search for these escape characters?

echo "***Enter new LISTENER_PORT (only applicable to new instance), " I used the following: E486: Pattern not found: echo \"\*\*\*Enter new LISTENER_PORT \(only applicable to new instanace\), \" when I try to search for the above line, I'm not able to do it so how do I search for the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape characters

i am executing script from A server which will execute the script in B server , as below. ssh A 'ssh B echo 'select * from testing where name ='test'' i am getting the below output. select * from testing where name=test but i need the output where clause with quotes , tried with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape all special characters?

I have an application which I am integrating with that accepts the password via a CLI. I am running in to issues with passwords that contain special characters. I tried to escape them all, but I ran in to an issue where I cannot escape the characters ' ] My attempt is as follows: $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMG1978
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape characters in a variable

Debian 9 64x - LXDE How can i disable escape sequences in a variable? #!/bin/bash #mainscript . "./links.bash" echo "$red_start This text should be red $color_end"#!/bin/bash #links.bash #colors red_start="\eOutput that i get: \e Output expected: This text should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
5 Replies
PQSTAT(1)							      pqstat								 PQSTAT(1)

NAME
pqstat - List jobs in NetWare print queue SYNOPSIS
pqstat [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -B ] queue name [ job count ] DESCRIPTION
pqstat lists specified number of jobs from the specified NetWare print queue available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqstat does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the jobs in print queue by doing pqstat -S server queue | wc -l pqstat looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
queue name queue name is used to specify queue. You can not use wildcards in the name. job count job count is used to specify how much entries will be shown. Default is to show all entries. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqstat prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -B By default, pqstat lists the Netware name of the print job owner. -B causes it to list the banner name instead. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), pqrm(1) CREDITS
pqstat was written by David Woodhouse (dave@imladris.demon.co.uk) pqstat 03/03/1998 PQSTAT(1)