Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: failure of at command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers failure of at command Post 41642 by Perderabo on Friday 10th of October 2003 06:53:17 AM
Old 10-10-2003
Someone did a
chmod 777 /usr/bin/at
and broke your at command. Repair it with:
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/at

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy command failure

A cp command failure occured on our production system. A shell script copies a source file to a temporary directory - cp <source file on mount point 1> <dest path on mount point 2> The same script ran successfully for another file, about 3mins after the failure. The script did not have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mynix
1 Replies

3. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to automatically detect command failure

I have a shell script. In this script I executes various command and my requirement is such that if any command fails I've to terminate the shell script. To achieve this objective I'm checking the value of $? after each command and if its value is greater thaen I 'exit' the script. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok2008
2 Replies

5. Solaris

make command failure

Hi After downloading and compiling new ntp source for Solaris 10 I used the make command on the ntp directory. I received the following output: bash-3.00# make (bk version) >/dev/null 2>&1 && \ cd . && \ x=`bk -R prs -hr+ -nd:I: ChangeSet` && \ y=`cat version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaife720
2 Replies

6. Solaris

failure in lucreate

Earlier live upgrade from solaris 8 to solaris 10 5/08 was not permitted . Later by document 250526 dated Feb 2009 , it permitted and fllowing s8p7zip.tar and following solution 206844 . While installing SUNWluu,SUNWlur,SUNWlucfg , I had a partial failure . But pkginfo shows the information... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

9. Programming

pthread_cancel failure

I'm running a simple web server and seem to be having a problem canceling sessions. When a new request is received I start a thread to handle that session's requests. Since I want to keep the pipe open for a long time - 10 minutes or maybe 2 hours - I also have a session manager that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)