Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: failure of at command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers failure of at command Post 41608 by Perderabo on Thursday 9th of October 2003 11:49:39 AM
Old 10-09-2003
Do a ls -l on /usr/bin/at

It should be suid to root. I'll bet that it's not. Put a user in at.deny...do you still get the same error for that user?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy command failure

A cp command failure occured on our production system. A shell script copies a source file to a temporary directory - cp <source file on mount point 1> <dest path on mount point 2> The same script ran successfully for another file, about 3mins after the failure. The script did not have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mynix
1 Replies

3. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to automatically detect command failure

I have a shell script. In this script I executes various command and my requirement is such that if any command fails I've to terminate the shell script. To achieve this objective I'm checking the value of $? after each command and if its value is greater thaen I 'exit' the script. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok2008
2 Replies

5. Solaris

make command failure

Hi After downloading and compiling new ntp source for Solaris 10 I used the make command on the ntp directory. I received the following output: bash-3.00# make (bk version) >/dev/null 2>&1 && \ cd . && \ x=`bk -R prs -hr+ -nd:I: ChangeSet` && \ y=`cat version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaife720
2 Replies

6. Solaris

failure in lucreate

Earlier live upgrade from solaris 8 to solaris 10 5/08 was not permitted . Later by document 250526 dated Feb 2009 , it permitted and fllowing s8p7zip.tar and following solution 206844 . While installing SUNWluu,SUNWlur,SUNWlucfg , I had a partial failure . But pkginfo shows the information... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

9. Programming

pthread_cancel failure

I'm running a simple web server and seem to be having a problem canceling sessions. When a new request is received I start a thread to handle that session's requests. Since I want to keep the pipe open for a long time - 10 minutes or maybe 2 hours - I also have a session manager that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
standards(5)							File Formats Manual						      standards(5)

NAME
standards - UNIX standards behavior on HP-UX DESCRIPTION
HP-UX conforms to various UNIX standards. In some cases, these standards conflict. This manpage describes the methods that programmers and users must follow to have an application conform and execute according to a particular UNIX standard. UNIX Standard Conformant Programmer Environment The following table lists feature test macros and environment variables that must be defined while compiling an application. Both a fea- ture test macro and an environment variable must be defined while compiling the application so that the application conforms and executes according to a particular UNIX standard. Otherwise, the behavior is undefined. Standard Feature Test Macros to be Environment variable defined during compilation to be set UNIX 95 _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 UNIX95 or UNIX_STD=95 or UNIX_STD=1995 UNIX 2003 _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 UNIX_STD=2003 The compiler uses the feature test macros to obtain the appropriate namespace from the header files. The compiler uses the environment variable to link in an appropriate object file to the executable. Using the environment variable customizes libc to match UNIX standards for various functions. If an application has already been compiled for default HP-UX behavior or for one particular standard, and needs to change to a particular UNIX standard behavior, recompile the application as specified in the above table. For an HP-UX command to conform to a particular UNIX standard behavior, the application has to set the corresponding environment variable as specified in the above table before executing that command. UNIX Standard Conformant User Environment To enable a particular UNIX standard conformant user environment, set the corresponding environment variable as defined in the above table. EXAMPLES
The following examples shows an application example. To have the system be conformant to UNIX2003 behavior, set the environment variable to and define the feature test macro before compilation. The following example changes the command to have UNIX95 behavior by setting one of the environment variables to or to before executing that command. There are three ways of setting the environment variable for UNIX95: or or SEE ALSO
cc(1), stdsyms(5). standards(5)