Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up a personal FTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting up a personal FTP Post 41435 by gearshifter on Monday 6th of October 2003 11:08:47 AM
Old 10-06-2003
well.. it seems as though i am recieving some errors.. would a router affect the FTP?

i am getting some sort of Error 500 or something, I'll tell you when i get home tonight around 2:30PM Est

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up FTP on Linux/Unix

Hi, I do not currently have any versions of Unix or linux, but I am considering getting one. I have a home computer and I want to set it up with a linux with a GUI (I know nothing about that whol command line prompt),and I want to allow my friends to access certain files on my hard drive using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setting up ftp to ip?

How can I set up a webpage from my computer, so that people knowing my ip-adress can connect? I'm using Ubuntu/linux and have some ftp programs but I have no idea how to set the up. Regards Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting username and password for ftp

hi, i have set up an FTP server in one of our systems. could some one tell me the procedure to set up the username and password for it to enable other users to access the server. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to setting ftp

Dear expert, I have problem when try ftp to my unix box (solaris 10). I was setting /etc/default/login file for enable remote access. enabling service for ftp and in /etc/ftpd/ftpusers thereis exist root. but can not using root for ftp (message : 530 login incorrect) but with using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP access to my Tomcat Dir

Hi Guys, Im trying to set up FTP to my Apache Tomcat dir on my server so my web designer can FTP in and look at things in a live environment. However at first I couldn't write to the dir, so i change some permissions, and now I cant access it at all! Here is my LS -all output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boarderstu
4 Replies

6. Linux

Setting up FTP service +on Fedora 9

Hi all, I set up FTP service at my linuxAbox. Everything is good. When i did FTP from my LinuxB box , it authenticated just fine. The problem is: 1. I can't list the directory 2. when i use ls command to list the directory, it showed: 227 Entering passive mode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP account

Hi, I am new to the workd of FTP administration. I was asked to make an account on our FTP server so that someone can only download and upload to his home directory. The account is made but what settings/cconfiguration can I verify to ensure that the user has access to his home directory only?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. AIX

default umask setting during ftp

Hi all, How do i change the default primary group of files uploaded in AIX (via ftp) in such a way that the files will be owned by tom:staff? I understand that the default file permission can be set in /etc/profile for aix by adding a new line umask=032 Do I add a line in umask as well?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files ntrans setting

Hi all, am transfer some set files to remote machine from unix like put file1 put file2 put file3 put fileend4 But on remote machine files are getting placed like this file1 fileend4 file2 file3 Are their is any sequence of file transfer like alphabetic order or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
3 Replies
ftprestart(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftprestart(1M)

NAME
ftprestart - restart previously shutdown FTP Servers SYNOPSIS
ftprestart [-V] DESCRIPTION
Use the ftprestart command to restart an FTP Server previously shut down by means of ftpshut(1M). The ftprestart command reads the shutdown capability from the ftpaccess(4) file to determine the path of the shutdown message files. It then reenables the FTP Server by removing any shutdown message files in the anonymous and virtual FTP Server area, as well as the system wide shutdown message file. OPTIONS
The ftprestart command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample Output from ftprestart The following example shows sample output from the ftprestart command: example% ftprestart ftprestart: /export/home/ftp/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /export/home/virtual1/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpshut(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftprestart(1M)