Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Post Your /proc/cpuinfo here! Post 41345 by D-Lexy on Friday 3rd of October 2003 02:37:28 AM
Old 10-03-2003
Here is one from Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

Code:
bash-2.05$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor: Intel StrongARM-1110 rev 9 (v4l)
BogoMIPS: 137.21
Features: swp half 26bit fastmult
CPU implementor: 0x69
CPU architecture: 4
CPU variant: 0x0
CPU part: 0xb11
CPU revision: 9
Hardware: Sharp-Collie
Revision: 0000
Serial: 0000000000000000

Last edited by vgersh99; 09-06-2006 at 10:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about /proc

hi, we all know /proc is about the information of active process, I have just read an artical which said you can use /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/net./proc/meminfo etc. to know about some hardware information .But I want to know how to use with command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/proc

/proc is filing up my root filesystem. Can you delete any of the4 ID numbers out of /proc. Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc directory

I did a search on this, but didn't find exactly the answer I'm looking for. What exactly is the proc directory for? Showing processes spawned by users? I ask because I have some very large files in that directory by multiple users and its affecting my disk usage. Can you limit how many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc

Hi, What are the various way's to fix /proc folder in redhat linux 7.2 and how to verify /proc folder is proper or croupted? Thank in advance Bache Gowda (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

5. Programming

Need help ! SQL and Proc *C

:) hi all ! Please help me When I select data from oracle with proc * C prog. I count the number of rows For example the total rows is 1000000 but the number of result return is a limit number 5000 for ex So How can I know this limit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy question about /proc/cpuinfo

Perhaps this is a very dummy question but sorry I don't know other place to do it. We just buy a new cluster of Xeon machines but there is something I don't understand and perhaps someone can help me. The more /proc/cpuinfo produces the following output (just part of it). processor : 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhc
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition of "siblings" in /proc/cpuinfo

So, I'm looking over /proc/cpuinfo and have a question... I've read that "siblings" refers to hyperthreading, but that seems odd considering the contents of cpuinfo. Here's a part: model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz physical id : 0 siblings : 4 core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding /proc

If you are adding the kernel module without any module parameter passing, it should print out following information to info1 file so that user can make read access to info1 file (via, for example, cat /proc/info1): • Processor type • Kernel version • Total number of the processes currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar.huded
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Question on /proc/cpuinfo

Hi, I wanted to understand what exactly /proc/cpuinfo shows? We have a machine with following specification... (2x) Intel Xeon 6-core processors So, ideally it shouls have 12processors, but the output on /proc/cpuinfo shows 24 processors. Can someone please explain how this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
3 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD