Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Limit backup files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Limit backup files Post 41323 by kjaisan on Thursday 2nd of October 2003 12:20:04 PM
Old 10-02-2003
Perderabo, Thanks much for you help. It's working great now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limit of files in the ufs filesystem

Hello ! Does anyone knows which de limit of files in the ufs filesystem in the Solaris 2.6 ?? Danke, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

limit to number of files in a given directory

Everyone, We are on a unix AIX 4.3 platform and our application is written as such that all configuration files must reside in a specific directory. Currently there are over 10,000 files in this directory (and growing at about 300 per month). My question is is there a physical limit to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size Limit for zip files

Hi, I am using the jar command to compress a directory. The size of the directory contents is 105 GB. The jar/zip that gets created is approximately 5.5 GB in size. But this file seems to be corrupt when verified using the unzip command. Is there any limitation for the size of the zip file?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulasher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any limit on files

I am doing an ftp of around 1010 files and I am using mput for this. For some reason its only transferring 10 or 20 files and the rest are not getting transferred. There is some socket error in the log. is there an issue if we have more than 50 or so files for mput. here is the o/p in the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and seach limit with grep

Hi, I'm testing nginx-cache-purge and notice that grep searches all file content, and since the cache key is in the second line I would like to limit grep searching. This is the script I'm using: github.com/perusio/nginx-cache-purge The line I would like to change and limit grep search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfn
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Number of files

hi guys how can i limit number of files in a disk or partition ? or how can i make a limit to inode number for a disk or partition ? ext3 or ext4 file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Limit number of files transferred

I've a folder in remote server and it has 50 files. I like to transfer these files by first 10 and next 10 files. I'm using mget command to transfer the files. How to limit the file transfer limit to 10. instead of copying 50 files at a time. Thanks Janarthan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janarthan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 - opened files limit ?

Hey all, I'm running apache (cswapache2) on a Solaris 11.3 server. Recently, if I create a new vhost, the service fails to restart, and enters in maintenance mode. If I comment lines with log files, the service starts again. I guess I've reached the limit. I checked the current values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omegared77
8 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)