Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers enable php & java support in apache Post 41061 by cbkihong on Sunday 28th of September 2003 11:46:52 PM
Old 09-29-2003
Make sure you have mod_php loaded in the Apache configuration file (I forgot where in /etc suse places it). There should be a LoadModule line for this module. The RPM installation should have done this for you already but you need to check.

As for Java, you have to get your terminology right. Java applets and applications, once compiled with javac into bytecode form, are downloaded to the viewer's browser and executed on viewer's machine. I think you mean something like JSP (Java Server Pages) which are executed on server. To execute JSP, servlets, JavaBeans or the like you should install Tomcat on your server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP & Apache & MySQL install how-to ?

how do i install php & mysql with apache on suse linux ??? apache was installed and configured when i installed linux. all its files are in different folders. e.g http files in usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ and its configs are in etc/httpd/ so how do i install php and get it to work with apache and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
4 Replies

2. SuSE

How do I enable 3D support and change the bass and treble in SuSE 9.2?

I have a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro gfx card and was trying to figure out how to enable 3d support in linux. I had downloaded the ATI driver before and installed it and I ended up having to reinstall linux because it told me I was supposed to do something to some file that I didn't do so it restarted and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on PHP & APACHE

Can anybody please suggest me a good book to learn PHP and Apache. I want to use it for general programming and espeacially as front end tool for INFORMIX RDBMS. The book should guide me from the basics, as I am a beginer for PHP & Apache on SUSE Linux 9.0. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable & disable cronjob

Hi All, I am new to cronjob and need some guidance on this. 1) How do i enable a cronjob ? Can it be done by "crontab mycronfile" or "crontab -e mycronfile" 2) How can i disable the cronjob? Can deleting of the "mycronfile" disable the cron or do i need to perform "crontab -r mycronfile"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache on Solaris10 configured with loadable module support?

I have Apache 2 webserver as delivered with the Solaris 10 installation. How to verify if Apache is configured with loadable module support? Or if needs to be recompiled with loadable module support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable hpet support in unix

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a machine, the BIOS doesn't offer a choice to enable/disable HPET, I know in Linux, the hpet.c file can be modified to turn on and off the hpet, I am looking for a way to do this in UNIX as well. Is there already code existed for the modification? If not can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAKAMOMO
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies

10. Web Development

How to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat?

how to enable x-client-ip address in apache webserver LogFormat i tried below option, but no luck... 1. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined 2. LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" proxy 3.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)