Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command? Post 4095 by kristy on Wednesday 18th of July 2001 11:29:27 AM
Old 07-18-2001
Hi, I'm a newbie too but maybe I'll be able to help.

You can use drvconfig to recognize new devices without rebooting.
# drvconfig -1 sd (for scsi device)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i mount a scsi extrnal cdrom on solaris 2?

ok i have had it i need help i am in 11th grade and i cant figure how to mount the dumb cdrom on the sparcstation 2. i have tried everything i know and it still doesnt see it. by the way this is for school so please help me. Jon aka wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape drive ?? fast/wide scsi box + dds4??

I'm researching a tape drive + backup software to work across my unix/linux network. Was thinking about a dds4 tape drive (sony's) on my solaris ultra2, with some kind of software that would work across the network to back up my other 2 solaris boxes, plus my 2 linux boxes. What do others use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount a drive

I connected an external SCSI drive, I see it when I do 'format', I went ahead and formatted it. How do I mount it now though so I can use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount NFS drive from Window XP to Solaris 10?

Is there a free tool that will allow me to mount an NFS network drive from a Window XP computer onto a Solaris 10 x86 system? So when this is done, I would have a mapped network drive on my Windows XP system, say network drive N, that is mounted onto the directory /export/home/data on my Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to mount and read vintage scsi HDD

I started on another thread and full story can be seen here: https://www.unix.com/security/91428-how-reset-root-password-old-unix-system-v.html But my situation turned to land on this thread now. I have old scsi HDD out of the UHC UNIX System V Rel. 4.0 Version 3.6 box. And need to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 82026
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount this drive?

Hi, I have a second drive that I just put in my computer and I formatted it with gparted to ext3. 1) How do I get Ubuntu 8.10 to automount this drive it boots up and allow programs like VMSERVER see it? I asks since I want to install a virutal machine on this drive. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to mount a windows drive on Solaris..

hi All, I have two machines one which has Open solaris as its operating system and another which has Window Xp professional.I would like to mount a drive from the Windows machine onto the open solaris machine.Just to add i wish to do this without having SAMBA in place. Anyone who can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

9. SCO

How to mount MO drive?

Hello, I have a PC with SCO operating system with a graphical program that access MO drive to write some log data. This program automatically format and write data on MO disck. MO drive was working good before but now when i try to write data, MO drive starts to be busy but after some minutes i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris tar command to ignore mount points?

i.e. to stay in local filesytem. I believe the flag in linux is one-file-system. Is there corresponding in solaris? SOLARIS 9 BTW. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies
mount_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_pcfs(1M)

NAME
mount_pcfs - mount pcfs file systems SYNOPSIS
mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special | mount_point mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special mount_point DESCRIPTION
mount attaches an MS-DOS file system (pcfs) to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount will search /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the FSType-specific_options; see mount(1M) for more details. The special argument can be one of two special device file types: o A floppy disk, such as /dev/diskette0 or /dev/diskette1. o A DOS logical drive on a hard disk expressed as device-name:logical-drive , where device-name specifies the special block device-file for the whole disk and logical-drive is either a drive letter (c through z) or a drive number (1 through 24). Examples are /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:1. The special device file type must have a formatted MS-DOS file system with either a 12-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit File Allocation Table. OPTIONS
generic_options See mount(1M) for the list of supported options. -o Specify pcfs file system specific options. The following options are supported: foldcase|nofoldcase Force uppercase characters in filenames to lowercase when reading them from the filesystem. This is for compatibility with the pre- vious behavior of pcfs. The default is nofoldcase. FILES
/etc/mnttab table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS) NOTES
If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_pcfs(1M)