Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command? Post 4095 by kristy on Wednesday 18th of July 2001 11:29:27 AM
Old 07-18-2001
Hi, I'm a newbie too but maybe I'll be able to help.

You can use drvconfig to recognize new devices without rebooting.
# drvconfig -1 sd (for scsi device)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i mount a scsi extrnal cdrom on solaris 2?

ok i have had it i need help i am in 11th grade and i cant figure how to mount the dumb cdrom on the sparcstation 2. i have tried everything i know and it still doesnt see it. by the way this is for school so please help me. Jon aka wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape drive ?? fast/wide scsi box + dds4??

I'm researching a tape drive + backup software to work across my unix/linux network. Was thinking about a dds4 tape drive (sony's) on my solaris ultra2, with some kind of software that would work across the network to back up my other 2 solaris boxes, plus my 2 linux boxes. What do others use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount a drive

I connected an external SCSI drive, I see it when I do 'format', I went ahead and formatted it. How do I mount it now though so I can use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount NFS drive from Window XP to Solaris 10?

Is there a free tool that will allow me to mount an NFS network drive from a Window XP computer onto a Solaris 10 x86 system? So when this is done, I would have a mapped network drive on my Windows XP system, say network drive N, that is mounted onto the directory /export/home/data on my Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to mount and read vintage scsi HDD

I started on another thread and full story can be seen here: https://www.unix.com/security/91428-how-reset-root-password-old-unix-system-v.html But my situation turned to land on this thread now. I have old scsi HDD out of the UHC UNIX System V Rel. 4.0 Version 3.6 box. And need to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 82026
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I mount this drive?

Hi, I have a second drive that I just put in my computer and I formatted it with gparted to ext3. 1) How do I get Ubuntu 8.10 to automount this drive it boots up and allow programs like VMSERVER see it? I asks since I want to install a virutal machine on this drive. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to mount a windows drive on Solaris..

hi All, I have two machines one which has Open solaris as its operating system and another which has Window Xp professional.I would like to mount a drive from the Windows machine onto the open solaris machine.Just to add i wish to do this without having SAMBA in place. Anyone who can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

9. SCO

How to mount MO drive?

Hello, I have a PC with SCO operating system with a graphical program that access MO drive to write some log data. This program automatically format and write data on MO disck. MO drive was working good before but now when i try to write data, MO drive starts to be busy but after some minutes i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mammut3d
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris tar command to ignore mount points?

i.e. to stay in local filesytem. I believe the flag in linux is one-file-system. Is there corresponding in solaris? SOLARIS 9 BTW. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies
drvconfig(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             drvconfig(1M)

NAME
drvconfig - apply permission and ownership changes to devices SYNOPSIS
drvconfig [-bn] [-a alias_name] [-c class_name] [-i drivername] [-m major_num] [-r root_dir] DESCRIPTION
devfsadm(1M) is now the preferred command and should be used instead of drvconfig. The default operation of drvconfig is to apply permission and ownership changes to devices. Normally, this command is run automatically after a new driver has been installed (with add_drv(1M)) and the system has been rebooted. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -aalias_name Add the name alias_name to the list of aliases that this driver is known by. This option, if used, must be used with the -m major_num, the -b and the -i drivername options. -b Add a new major number to name binding into the kernel's internal name_to_major tables. This option is not normally used directly, but is used by other utilities such as add_drv(1M). Use of the -b option requires that -i and -m be used also. No /devices entries are created. -cclass_name The driver being added to the system exports the class class_name. This option is not normally used directly, but is used by other utilities. It is only effective when used with the -b option. -idrivername Only configure the devices for the named driver. The following options are used by the implementation of add_drv(1M) and rem_drv(1M), and may not be supported in future versions of Solaris: -mmajor_num Specify the major number major_num for this driver to add to the kernel's name_to_major binding tables. -n Do not try to load and attach any drivers, or if the -i option is given, do not try to attach the driver named drivername. -rroot_dir Perform operations under root_dir, rather than directly under root. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/devices Device nodes directory /etc/minor_perm Minor mode permissions /etc/name_to_major Major number binding /etc/driver_classes Driver class binding file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), add_drv(1M), modinfo(1M), modload(1M), modunload(1M), rem_drv(1M), update_drv(1M), path_to_inst(4), attributes(5), devfs(7FS) SunOS 5.10 9 Aug 2004 drvconfig(1M)