Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C compiling
Top Forums Programming C compiling Post 4085 by ober5861 on Wednesday 18th of July 2001 08:59:38 AM
Old 07-18-2001
Bug

That's right, I didn't even look at that. Should be <stdio.h>

ie. standard input/output... don't know where you got the U.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

4. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

compiling the RRDtool

I tried to compile the RRDtool on HP-UX (IA56). I have gcc-3.4.3 and perl 5.8.0 I got this: Writing Makefile for RRDs cd perl-shared && make /opt/perl/bin/perl /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap RRDs.xs > RRDs.xsc && mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling programs

Hi guys i have posted a thread months ago and a guy called dukenuke or smething like that told me that i have to install Sun Studio if i want to be able to compile programs. I have installed Sun Studio 12 and put it in my PATH but no success compiling anything. when i download some source (tar.gz)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saveka
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

10. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies
WC(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     WC(1)

NAME
wc -- word, line, character, and byte count SYNOPSIS
wc [-clmw] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The wc utility displays the number of lines, words, and bytes contained in each input file (or standard input, by default) to the standard output. A line is defined as a string of characters delimited by a <newline> character, and a word is defined as a string of characters delimited by white space characters. White space characters are the set of characters for which the iswspace(3) function returns true. If more than one input file is specified, a line of cumulative counts for all the files is displayed on a separate line after the output for the last file. The following options are available: -c The number of bytes in each input file is written to the standard output. -l The number of lines in each input file is written to the standard output. -m The number of characters in each input file is written to the standard output. If the current locale does not support multibyte characters, this is equivalent to the -c option. -w The number of words in each input file is written to the standard output. When an option is specified, wc only reports the information requested by that option. The default action is equivalent to specifying the -c, -l and -w options. If no files are specified, the standard input is used and no file name is displayed. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of wc as described in environ(7). EXAMPLES
Count the number of characters, words and lines in each of the files report1 and report2 as well as the totals for both: wc -mlw report1 report2 DIAGNOSTICS
The wc utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
iswspace(3) COMPATIBILITY
Historically, the wc utility was documented to define a word as a ``maximal string of characters delimited by <space>, <tab> or <newline> characters''. The implementation, however, didn't handle non-printing characters correctly so that `` ^D^E '' counted as 6 spaces, while ``foo^D^Ebar'' counted as 8 characters. 4BSD systems after 4.3BSD modified the implementation to be consistent with the documentation. This implementation defines a ``word'' in terms of the iswspace(3) function, as required by IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). STANDARDS
The wc utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A wc command appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 13, 2002 BSD