Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clueless - shell question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers clueless - shell question Post 40802 by dangral on Tuesday 23rd of September 2003 02:10:31 PM
Old 09-23-2003
if you are setting the JAVA_HOME in a script, You need to remove the # from the beginning of the line. It's commenting out whatever follows it on that line.

to see what a specific variable is defined as:
echo $VARIABLE

so in your case you would do:
echo $JAVA_HOME

if it comes out blank, it is not defined.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clueless...advice please!

for more than 5 years i have used windows based operating systems and hardwear, but recently i have decided to venture into the world of unix systems. very recently infact- i dont own a unix system yet and was wondering about hardwear.. i was planning on buying a second hand system from ebay... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyh411
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesisX
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on windows? clueless here

I'm trying to learn how to use unix by installing it on my windows xp without having to format anything. I got some advice to get vmware player and run unix on it. I got the player, but now I'm stuck on figuring out how to use it or even find the unix download that I can use with it. Anyone knows a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnad
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Same ol "no acceptable cc found in $PATH" but I'm not clueless... just still a noob

Hey All, Let me start out w/ I have serched the forums and found this to be a typical problem. None of the threads have been able to help in my situation though. I know cc or gcc needs to be installed in ...bin]# (or lead the path of the app to wherever gcc is when compiling) so the app can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SloYerRoll
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Question

Hi All, I am having this problem and I can't find a decent answer anywere. I'am trying to perform multiple command in a shell script. For example mkdir test tar cvzf test.tar.gz test/ rmdir test The problem I get is that if I run this file as a cronjob, with a big "test" folder; the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswz
4 Replies

8. Fedora

I need urgent help - Basic shell scripts but I'm clueless.

Hello. I am currently in a class dealing with shell scripts. I know some commands and get the basics of command line in Fedora 11. But the coding....I'm a bit lost. I was very ill for 2 weeks and missed a lot, much of which there are no notes provided. I'm not asking you to do my homework,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Clueless re Java: /opt vs. /usr/local

It seems this is a oft debated item, that's over my head. So here's what I've got: Java 7 set up at /opt/ but I really want it at /usr/local... What have I done? Have: Debian 7 (whezzy) with gnome, so what do I do to set things back where it should be? I guess this is a hot topic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
3 Replies
AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)					      General Commands Manual						AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)

NAME
airport-linkmon - Wireless link quality monitor for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base sta- tion SYNOPSIS
airport-linkmon DESCRIPTION
airport-linkmon allows you to measure the signal strength and noise on the wireless links between your base station and its associated wireless hosts. OPTIONS
airport-linkmon accepts no command-line options. airport-linkmon is a wrapper script around the LinkMonitor.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-linkmon was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)