Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What all Unix types can be installed on PC? Post 408 by SANJAY on Saturday 2nd of December 2000 03:23:51 AM
Old 12-02-2000
I would like to know as what all Unix types can be installed on PC, i.e. Intel Pentium processor and having HDD of let us say 4 GB or so? What RAM would be sufficient? I know for sure that Linux is free and can be installed on PC, can some one tell about other UNIX types which can be obtained for FREE and are installable on PC? I heard from my friend that Solaris can also be installed on PC and can be obtained for free, is it true?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What file types does unix support?

Hello, I've search this site many times and ave not been able to find my answer. So I'm going to post my question....(duh) Ok. I'm wanting to know what file types does unix support. if you can try and list them like this: php, .php or somthing like that. plus don't forget that I said I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgames
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When was Unix Installed?

How can I tell when Sco Openserver 5.0.5 was installed on a server? Is there a file somewhere that will have a date that the installation took place? Thanks, Stufine (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an application installed in another unix pc?

Do you guys have any suggestions? hpterm -e rlogin <another unix pc> ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i understand if a Java Virtual Machine is installed on Unix??

Hello, i would like to figute out, if there is any JVM installed on my unix account. How can i figure that out?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all types of shell supported on any unix flavors.

Hello - Is there a command/way we can find out, what shells are supported on a Unix machine? Please let me know. Thanks, Manju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Logon/Authentication Types

Hi, I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with finding out the different *nix logon types. The different logon types for a Successful Logon event type in Windows (4624) is well documented both on the M$ site and also on many tech related sites, listing the different logon types... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urhero
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
processor_sets(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						 processor_sets(4)

NAME
processor_sets - Collections of processors DESCRIPTION
A processor set is a collection of processors. When a processor set is first created, it does not contain any processors. You can add processors to a processor set, remove processors from a processor set, and also destroy the processor set. In addition, you can assign specific processes to a processor set. When the system is booted, all its processors are assigned to the default processor set. Each processor in a system can be a member of only one processor set at one time. In addition, when you create a process, it is assigned to a processor set. Unless you indicate a specific processor set, a process is assigned to the default processor set. A process can execute only on an processor that is included in the processor set to which the process is assigned. If you assign a process to an empty processor set, it will not execute until a processor is assigned to the processor set or until the process is assigned to another processor set. Use the pset_create command or the create_pset function to create a processor set. When you first create a processor set, it does not con- tain any processors. Use the pset_assign_cpu command or the assign_cpu_to_pset function to assign processors to a specific processor set. When you assign a processor to a specific processor set, the processor is removed from its current processor set. Use the pset_destroy command or the destroy_pset function to destroy a processor set. Processors that belong to a destroyed processor set are assigned to the default processor set. Use the pset_assign_pid command or the assign_pid_to_pset function to assign a process to a specific processor set. In addition, you can request that a process has exclusive access to a processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, no other process is able to use that processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, that access will be cleared automatically when the process exits. Note that if a process is already assigned to a processor set, a request for exclusive access to that processor set will be denied. Use the pset_info command to display the status of each processor set on the system as well as the status of each processor. You must be root to create and destroy processor sets and to assign a processor to a processor set. Processor set creation and destruction and processor assignments to processor sets are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
/var/adm/wtmp RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: pset_create(1), pset_destroy(1), pset_info(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), runon(1), psrinfo(1), psradm(8) Functions: assign_pid_to_pset(3), assign_cpu_to_pset(3), create_pset(3), destroy_pset(3) delim off processor_sets(4)