Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Newbe Linux user with his first question... Post 40683 by jabol on Sunday 21st of September 2003 09:53:43 AM
Old 09-21-2003
I'm sure that there some script that generates such files. Just try to find it ( google.com, man rpm ).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total Newbe,how do I start????

I am totaly new at Unix, and have a job offer in about 6 months if I can get a handle on Unix comand lines and other needed things to get this job.Please help me I really want this job.I am about to finish my A+ cert., and have studied for the MCSE 4.0 (paid for a school and then Microsoft... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chip1856
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbe looking for extra help

Hi all, i'm new here and to Unix and have a question about more help then I am getting. I live basically in Portland, OR and am attending college and have to take some Unix classes for my degree. Well class is fine and the help from the instructor is ok but I would like to receive more help then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisdog58
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail user question

Hi All I am trying to deal with a problem. Any suggestions would be helpful! I have sendmail running on a Redhat 8 box and is serving about 75 e-mail accounts. Version Info: OS:Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche) sendmail-8.12.8-9.80 sendmail-cf-8.12.8-9.80 There are a few users that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Newbe

Hi, First of all. I'm a Unix newbe and never worked with unix (but I have got Linux for a few months), but I'd like to know where to get Unix or if it's x86 compatibel and all those questions. I know...ridiculous questions, but I really wanna know this. So: Where do I get Unix? Is it compatible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbe to linux and beryl

in new to the Linux os just install kubuntu with has beryl went through the whole deal with setting up everything and was wondering if anybody could help me figure out beryl i basically understand how it works but getting it to do the cube thing escape me help........:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

NEWBE Slice

I new to linux and am setting up a slice server. I actually made it to installing Apache but some how I messed up the ip tables. I cant access the server by sftp or putty. Im using the web interface at slice. I am logged in as a super user but cant do certain funtions. I guess i need to be logged... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DigitalExtreme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux fdisk question (Oracle Enterprise Linux)

OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.2 Hypervisor: VMWare workstation 9 I created a VM and attached a 7gb virtual disk to it. Using fdisk , I partioned the disk like below. The filesystems mounted on this is working fine. But I am seeing the message Partition n does not end on cylinder boundary.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux

Hello, i configured rhel linux 6 with AD directory to authorize windows users to connect on the system and it works. i have accounts with high privileges (oracle for example) if an account is created on the AD server i would to block him. I looked for how to do, for the moment all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincenzo
3 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2008 IPCS(1)