Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pins and Jumpers for Okidata printer Post 403 by RedCell on Friday 1st of December 2000 10:04:35 AM
Old 12-01-2000
Bug Reply to Pins and jumpers

Thank you Neo for your suggestion. My tech figured it out thank God. It was a rush situation but we got it. Thanks again.
-Katherine

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

printer

On my network I have three win 2k and 4 unix machines(sun 7). At on time I could print from the unix machines but now all I can print from is the windows machines. The print server is on a window machine. When I boot the unix machine it show's the printer is recognized. when I ping the printer it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victbla
1 Replies

2. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Software controlling serial port pins

Hi. I have a project where I intend to connect a simple Infra-Red circuit to a computer. I must then make a software to control this device via software, i.e., I will not be using microcontrollers in the circuit. I believe the best way to do it is using the serial port, /dev/ttyS0, and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tigreped
1 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
ULPT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ULPT(4)

NAME
ulpt -- USB printer support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ulpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ulpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. Minor Bit Function 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port. Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device. HARDWARE
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following: o ATen parallel printer adapter o Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter o Canon BJ F850, S600 o Canon LBP-1310, 350 o Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter o Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ) o Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS o Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C FILES
/dev/ulpt? device with reset /dev/unlpt? device without reset SEE ALSO
lpt(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ulpt driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD