Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux as FTP & Mail server
Operating Systems Linux Linux as FTP & Mail server Post 39702 by perleo on Thursday 28th of August 2003 08:02:01 AM
Old 08-28-2003
Linux as FTP & Mail server

How do i setup my linux server to act as a internal ftp server. i have 30 machines who would want to log onto external ftp servers ( for hosting and stuff ). They would have to go through a ftp server on the network server to get outside to the internet?
What program on linux would i use

How would i set up a mail server on my linux box? would i use sendmail or smail?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux ftp server

I have taken an old Pentium-75 Compaq with 32Mb memory, formatted the hard drive, and loaded Redhat 5.2 on it. All I really want is an ftp server to allow vendors to download files from it as they need them. I was told that these old pentiums with little memory would work well with Linux. The ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

telnet & ftp in linux AS4 with root account

hi, i installed linux as4, i need telnet and ftp with root account. anybody show me how to configure. TIA, Bong (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong02
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to set up mail server in Linux machine

Hi, I have a desktop on which linux is installed. It is connected to office LAN. I am able to send mails(using the 'mail' command) to anybody who is connected to the linux machine. But I am not able to send mails to internet IDs. Please inform, what do I have to do to enable mailing to internet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek_ss
3 Replies

4. Linux

problems in linux mail server setup

hi i want to set up LInux mail server for intranet purpose. i used following document as reference Linux Mail Server softwares used are : Postfix # pre installed Procmail # pre installed Fetchmail # pre installed SpamBayes Mutt #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

redhat linux mail server problem

we are using redhat linux,configured the postfix as mail server and outlook is used as mail client.whenever the user opens outlook it is start downloading all the mails from the server. Example : If a user has 50 mails in the server,whenever he opens the outlook the outlook will start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh2k3
0 Replies

6. Linux

help sending mail on linux server

Hi, I coded a bash script.I m trying to use this command in the script mail -s "test" user@abc.com I tried this command on prompt.however it hangs.I check /var/log/maillog/ stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.rdmedia.com. sendmail: n0M8lscO014303: localhost did not issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsail
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX: mail command & server

Hi, I have to change the mail server, but I could not find the file where it is written in. I use the following command: </> echo krneki | mail -v -s "New report" receiver@our.comp Server name ("skala") can be seen in a terminal output .... receiver@our.comp ... Connecting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail/ftp/web servers, on VIRTUAL!! dedicated server. Also resource usage. Centos 5.

Hi. First of all, would 4 or 5 websites, 1 ftp server (when downloading by someone or a few persons or one, concretize) and one mail server (not many emails, just to sound official and have a nice, spam-free email for myself). Websites with not that many, but some, later more visitors, quite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newn
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

linux mail server providers?

Hi!sorry for drifting away from the topic but can somebody pls help me with suggestions on some good email server providers? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paramount
0 Replies

10. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)