Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity anti-spam virus package for Unix Post 3956 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2001 12:29:33 AM
Old 07-16-2001
The way the UNIX OS is designed, viruses are not much of a problem (versus MS OS variations where viruses are very much a problem); hence you will not find much on UNIX viruses, nor should you worry about it very much.

For anti-spam, the built in anti-spam features in the new releases of sendmail work quite nicely.

Also, check of this IEEE paper on email bombs and countermeasures:

http://www.silkroad.com/papers/html/bomb/

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop - perform SpamCop reporting of messages SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop DESCRIPTION
SpamCop is a service for reporting spam. SpamCop determines the origin of unwanted email and reports it to the relevant Internet service providers. By reporting spam, you have a positive impact on the problem. Reporting unsolicited email also helps feed spam filtering systems, including, but not limited to, the SpamCop blacklist used in SpamAssassin as a DNSBL. Note that spam reports sent by this plugin to SpamCop each include the entire spam message. See http://www.spamcop.net/ for more information about SpamCop. USER OPTIONS
spamcop_from_address user@example.com (default: none) This address is used during manual reports to SpamCop as the From: address. You can use your normal email address. If this is not set, a guess will be used as the From: address in SpamCop reports. spamcop_to_address user@example.com (default: generic reporting address) Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to obtain this address by registering at "http://www.spamcop.net/". If this is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in the SpamCop system. spamcop_max_report_size (default: 50) Messages larger than this size (in kilobytes) will be truncated in report messages sent to SpamCop. The default setting is the maximum size that SpamCop will accept at the time of release. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)