Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity anti-spam virus package for Unix Post 3956 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2001 12:29:33 AM
Old 07-16-2001
The way the UNIX OS is designed, viruses are not much of a problem (versus MS OS variations where viruses are very much a problem); hence you will not find much on UNIX viruses, nor should you worry about it very much.

For anti-spam, the built in anti-spam features in the new releases of sendmail work quite nicely.

Also, check of this IEEE paper on email bombs and countermeasures:

http://www.silkroad.com/papers/html/bomb/

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
MAILGRAPH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILGRAPH(8)

NAME
mailgraph - daemon which produces graphs of SMTP traffic SYNOPSIS
mailgraph [ options ] DESCRIPTION
mailgraph is a daemon which produces mail statistics RRDtool for Postfix and Sendmail. This stats are stored for generating daily, weekly, monthly and yearly graphs of sent/received/rejected and bounced/viruses/spam mails. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help and exit. -v, --verbose Be verbose about what you do. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -c, --cat Cause the logfile to be only read and not monitored. -l, --logfile file Monitor logfile file instead of /var/log/syslog. -t, --logtype type Set logfile's type (default: syslog). -y, --year Start year of the log file (default: current year). --host=HOST Use only entries for HOST (regexp) in syslog. -d, --daemon Start in the background --daemon-pid=FILE Write PID to FILE instead of /var/run/mailgraph.pid. --daemon-rrd=DIR Write RRDs to DIR instead of /var/lib/mailgraph/. --daemon-log=FILE Write verbose-log to FILE instead of /var/log/mailgraph.log. --ignore-localhost Ignore mail to/from localhost (used for virus scanner). --ignore-host=HOST Ignore mail to/from HOST (used for virus scanner). --no-mail-rrd Do not update the mail rrd. --no-virus-rrd Do not update the virus rrd. --no-greylist-rrd Do not update the greylist rrd. --rrd-name=NAME Use NAME.rrd, NAME_virus.rrd and NAME_greylist.rrd for the rrd files. --rbl-is-spam Count rbl rejects as spam. --virbl-is-virus Count virbl rejects as viruses. SEE ALSO
rrdtool(1), RRDs(3pm) AUTHOR
David Schweikert <dws@ee.ethz.ch> MAILGRAPH(8)