Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal Post 3949 by Neo on Sunday 15th of July 2001 10:05:46 AM
Old 07-15-2001
If you remote web-server is configured for SSH you will be pleased to know that MACOSX comes with an SSH client out-of-the-box.

I was at the Apple store and was really glad to be able to SSH into my www server. Telnet (client) works out-of-the-box too but why send clear text passwd across the net when you can use SSH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed 's/~/\^J/g' how to get "^J" on same line as rest of the command.

when ever i type it in it always looks like so echo $file | sed 's/~/\ /g' how can i get it on one line? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't telnet

Hi, I am using aix 4.3.3. Getting kicked out when I try to access my unix server via telnet, (I can rlogin, ok). But, while trying to telnet, I keep getting this message: AIX Version 4 (C) Copyrights by IBM and by others 1982, 1996. login: o ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In Telnet I can't type anything in password!

I Need Help with Telnet when I login to telnet I type in my Unix user name and then I push ENTER and I can't type anything in password. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Campkin@Hunt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'find' command question

my solaris text talks about the 'find' command... it further goes to talk about an "action" used with the find command. I am completely confused as to what the {} do with the find comand. the explanation is this: "A set of braces, {}, delimits where the file name is passed to the command from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

see user's actions from another terminal

I would like to know if there is a way to see what a user is doing from another terminal. I want to be able to see exactly what they see on their terminal. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silver40
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't delete the user from command line

Hi All, I try from command line to delete a user (Solaris8) and I get the following error: UX: userdel: ERROR: Cannot update system files - loggin can not be deleted. Any suggestions will be helpful. The root (/) file system has enough free space. Regards, Slava (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavlov
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies
psftp(1)							 PuTTY tool suite							  psftp(1)

NAME
psftp - interactive SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) client SYNOPSIS
psftp [options] [user@]host DESCRIPTION
psftp is an interactive text-based client for the SSH-based SFTP (secure file transfer) protocol. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by psftp are: -V Show version information and exit. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys and exit, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -b batchfile Use specified batchfile. -bc Output batchfile commands. -be Don't stop batchfile processing on errors. -v Show verbose messages. -load session Load settings from saved session. -P port Connect to port port. -l user Set remote username to user. -batch Disable interactive prompts. -pw password Set remote password to password. CAUTION: this will likely make the password visible to other users of the local machine (via com- mands such as `w'). -1 Force use of SSH protocol version 1. -2 Force use of SSH protocol version 2. -C Enable SSH compression. -i path Private key file for authentication. COMMANDS
For a list of commands available inside psftp, type help at the psftp> prompt. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on psftp it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the PuTTY web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. See the above web link for better documentation. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 psftp(1)