Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with errors
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Help with errors Post 39273 by Phaedirean on Tuesday 12th of August 2003 02:02:06 PM
Old 08-12-2003
UPDATE!!!

Not sure yet how permanent the resolve is on this here. I ran the badtrk command again and finally got it to give me the option to try to recover valid data from the bad sectors. Apparently it was successful at this since it booted right up and logged in with no problems. Currently, I am running a backup on the system and will be rebooting to verify it will come back to life once again. This has at least bought us another 72 hours to work on it in the event it won't come back.

Thanks for your time, effort and input on this issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

errors

fatal server error: couldn't open x pointer device! is one attached? xinit: connection refused (errno 239): unable to connect to X server xinit: no such process (errno3): server error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nobody
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What are these errors?

root@INTSETICADB # su - oracle Killed root@INTSETICADB # su - selectica Killed root@INTSETICADB # man prstat Reformatting page. Please Wait...Segmentation Fault - core dumped sys(cd /usr/man; /usr/lib/sgml/sgml2roff /usr/man/sman1m/prstat.1m > /tmp/sman_iUaW5x) fail! aborted (sorry) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X errors

I'm trying to set up x2x between my desktop and laptop, and as a precondition to that, I'm just trying to get each to be able to display programs on the other (e.g. "desktop$ xterm -display laptop:0"). OS is Ubuntu 5.10 and X version is X.org 6.8.2 I've set up X to run without -nolisten, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

6. Programming

errors....

hi i have written a program to display files in a directory but it doesnt compile on the sun/solaris system.... im using gcc(inbuilt compiler) im generally used to working on a windows environment so maybe im overlookiing something ive added comments to help readability of the program i also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UDP errors

Hi, I can see "udpInOverflows" errors when I execute 'netstat -s' on my Solaris box. The number of errors are small - about 40. e.g. $ netstat -s|grep udp UDP udpInDatagrams =1249190732 udpInErrors = 0 udpOutDatagrams =31663030 udpOutErrors = 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while using echo

Hi I am new to shell scripting. I am using a shell script to create a SQL script file and then call it as well. The created SQL script file has calls to 2 other sql script file, as well as compile and execute a procedure. all this works fine. I am getting some simple errors. My code is as below ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_expo
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors using ln

ln: Filename1 and Filename2 are identical. Seems to be an error.. Unable to proceed further Can you ppl help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevM
5 Replies
E2UNDO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)