Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Sytem 5, release 3
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Sytem 5, release 3 Post 3927 by Neo on Friday 13th of July 2001 05:17:49 PM
Old 07-13-2001
When I upgrade like you are doing I install hard drives and write the old system and files to the new hard drive and set this new system up to boot on a new architecture. I would not try to boot from a SCSI tape drive, personally. Perhaps you are more adventureous Smilie

We had a thread on how to upgrade like this recently where we describe the details on how to upgrade in this way.

Yes, the applications are independent of CPU hardware speeds; so nothing to worry there!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sco unix 5.0.5 call sytem() function question!please help me!

i want to know the return value of calling system function in the sco unix 5.0.5.what is the meaning of the return value? ............ int ret; char cmd; strcpy(cmd,"compress -F -c file >file.Z"); ret = system(cmd); ............. i want to know how to judge whether the file's compress is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hit
4 Replies

2. AIX

created sytem from mksysb

Hi, Whats are the changes I need if I have created the system from production server? I restore if from mksysb. I know I need to change the /etc/hosts and ip address. What else? Thanks in advance, Itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX System V Release 4.0?

Hello, I'm a COMPLETELY new to Unix and was interested in learning C Programming by following the book "The C Programming Language (ANSI C) " by Dennis Ritchie, and in the book the authors use UNIX... Now I have an old Compaq Armada 4120 laptop that I've wiped completely clean by "fdisking" the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NJenkins
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to intercept sytem calls

I would like to port a small utility from Linux to AIX and, lacking any software development knowledge for AIX, need some help: I have a library called Snoopy. Basically it intercepts the execv() and execve() system calls and logs them to the syslog-facility AUTHPRIV then passes control over to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix system v release 3.2 (sco-unix?)

another unix printing issue. our client based pc's used to print some form's to our hp printer. as of the moment they can not print. i have checked & did the ff: #lpstat -r (scheduler is running) i dunno if i need to restart the whole unix box via shutdown or just checking at... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
15 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace file sytem size change?

I need write a script to trace filesystem size change, such as /home will increase some size and then release some space. I don't know when increase happen. I want to get the size before increase and the size after release. How to write this script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Package release on UNIX environment

Hi, Can some one tell what is Package release on UNIX environment. Thanks, Nag (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies
tms(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    tms(4)

Name
       tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       For UNIBUS, Q-bus:
	  controller klesiu0 at uba0
	  controller uq0 at klesiu0 csr 0174500 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 3

For VAXBI:
	  controller klesib0 at vaxbi0 node 0
	  controller uq0 at klesib0 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

controller aie0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller bvpssp0 at aie0 vector bvpsspintr
	  tape tms0 at bvpssp0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 0

For VAX CI/HSC:
	  adapter ci0 at nexus?
	  adapter ci0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller hsc0 at ci0 cinode 6
	  tape tms0 at hsc0 drive 3

Description
       Prior to Version 2.0, this device was referenced by tmscp(4).

The  TMSCP  driver  provides  a standard tape drive interface, as described in This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape
       Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP).  The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the  Tape
       Mass  Storage  Control Protocol.  This driver also supports n-buffered reads and writes to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape
       drives).  See for further details.

Tape Support
       TK50, TK70, TF70, TU81, TU81e, TA78, TA79, TA81, RV20, TA90, TA90E, TA91

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tms(4)