Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix and websites
Special Forums IP Networking unix and websites Post 3887 by bhjunx on Thursday 12th of July 2001 10:39:18 PM
Old 07-12-2001
unix and websites

Does Anyone know how to create domains ahead of another domain?

example

http://domain.example.com

Any Information would be of great help.

Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites for Scripting...

Hi All, Anyone know any good sites for Unix Solaris Shell Scripting? Thanks for reading, b14 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix-mail to external websites/addresses

Hi all, I would like to know if I can send unix mail to 'external email addresses'. My unix server is leo@ABCcompany.com. I am able to send emails to firstname.lastname@ABCcompany.com. But, we have some email addresses in our team on our parent company's server - ex:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joy_K
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

visited websites

Hi guys, Im just wondering on where a network admin would view a list of visited websites in unix and where to block some websites? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake2891
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites for Script Apps

Hi would you recommend some web sites that publishes free scrip apps for OSX 10.5.7 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Axxll
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Perhaps, different websites on same Apache server.

Reading Apache documentation I come to understand that it can host different websites, either by FQDN or IP address, virtually. Is it possible for an Apache server to run two sites, and no one be able to tell from outside, that they are hosted in the same server? If not possible. Essentially,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Teaching myself Unix - Need websites and other pointers

Hi, I am new to Unix. I've started with a book "Unix for Dummies". Please help, any websites with extensive amount of practice exercises are needed. I need to practice! Also I would appreciate any books that are good for beginners. Thanks to all! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zamcruiser
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

IT news websites

Hi guys Can you recommend some seriuos web pages with news from IT world :p Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unblock the websites

Hi Guys, Some of the websites are blocked in my office. And I know the root password. I tried to unblock those sites.. Checkedcd /etc/modprobe.d $ cat blacklist.conf # # Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it. # Usually that'd be so that some other driver will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies
asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					  asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-domain, stop-domain - stops the given domain SYNOPSIS
stop-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains][--terse=false] [--echo=false] [domain_name] stop-domain stops the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no operand is required to stop the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be stopped. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domainis stopped in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using stop-domain asadmin> stop-domain sampleDomain Stoping Domain sampleDomain, please wait Domain sampleDomain stopped Command stop-domain executed successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain in the default domains directory is stopped. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-domain(1AS)