Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add user from web
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers add user from web Post 37858 by s93366 on Tuesday 1st of July 2003 03:08:56 AM
Old 07-01-2003
Of course its possible! You can do it with cgi in perl, shell or php with a simple html form.

I would not reccommend doing it since you can compromise the security of your system if you dont know what you are doing.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help pulling ${VARS} out of a web page user curl

Here is the code I have so far #!/bin/bash INFOF="/tmp/mac.info" curl --silent http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.8-aluminum-17-mid-2009-unibody-specs.html "$INFOF" I want help putting these specs into a vars Standard Ram: value into $VAR1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning msg from .sh script to web user?

Hello out there, I got a script that stops and restarts a webapp. I would like to be able to send warning reminders to the webusers as a warning like 5 minutes before it happens. Can I do this an if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

5. Linux

Trouble setting up basic user authentication on apache2 web server

Hey guys! So I decided to set up some basic user authentication on my apache2 server, and I am running into some problems. I followed the documentation provided by apache on their website, but I cant create the password file for some reason. I did a little trouble shooting myself, and found... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
40 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Visualizing MySQL Session : Web Server User Behavior at UNIX.com

Visualizing MySQL Session - Web Server User Behavior The video in this post shows unix.com forum user session information in a way that has never been visualized before. I plan to enrich this visualization significantly in the future - it's currently just a first beta. RWBeylgjOqs (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
cachemgr.cgi(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   cachemgr.cgi(8)

NAME
cachemgr.cgi - squid HTTP proxy manager interface SYNOPSIS
http://your.server/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi DESCRIPTION
The cache manager (cachemgr.cgi) is a CGI utility for displaying statistics about the Squid HTTP proxy process as it runs. The cache man- ager is a convenient way to manage the cache and view statistics without logging into the server. FILES
./cachemgr.conf @DEFAULT_CACHEMGR_CONFIG@ The access configuration file defining which Squid servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line specifies a server:port followed by an optional description The server name may contain shell wildcard characters such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically con- structed from the simple server names. Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the target server. SECURITY
cachemgr.cgi calls the requested server on the requested port using HTTP and returns a formatted version of the response. To avoid abuse it is recommended to configure your web server to restrict access to the cachemgr.cgi program. Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found in the Squid FAQ. SEE ALSO
squid(8) The Squid FAQ, Chapter 9 The Cache Manager Squid Web Proxy 3.1.20 cachemgr.cgi(8)