Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to assign correct control flow? Post 3756 by houaq on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 11:10:59 PM
Old 07-11-2001
Bug A simple method to do that...

I suggest you use paste ? Like this:

paste -d "\n" file1 file2 file3>newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dilemma in control flow

hello im facing a queer problem when i execute the foll code in unix # include <stdio.h> # include <unistd.h> main(int argc,char *argv) { FILE *fp = fopen("/ras/chirag/fifotest/file.fifo","a"); int i=1; fprintf(fp,argv); printf("I SLEEP"); system("date"); for (i=0;i<50;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script - control flow statements

Hi guys.I'm just beginner of python. I'm just trying to do some analysis on simple input file. it has 6 columns and i want to consider k,l and m,n if i and j are + after that checking which value is greater or lower in k,l and m,n I have included logic header just to explain what I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flow Control in CSH

hi , I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me the code is not working set users = (user1 user2 user3) echo The users are echo $users echo Enter the USER NAME set USER_NAME = $< set i = 1; for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ ) if ( $USER_NAME == $users )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju87
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script using Korn Flow Control

I am wiping off the dust to my shell scipting days and had this question: I have this script that I have created, and cannot figure out where my flow control issue is within this script. #!/bin/ksh #Basic script to backup server #Home directories to the external ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will this flow work

B() { } A() { calling a function B } for condition do calling a function A done Shall after executing function B, the control will return back to loop? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

8. AIX

Restvg does not assign the correct PP size to volume group

hello, i am running an AIX6.1 machine and i am trying to restore a volume group that i backed up using mkvgdata command from another server. although i checked file .data and i make sure that PP size for this volume group is 128, when i run restvg command to restore it, it fails because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flow control state changed in server logs

Hi, We observe below logs from switch - the database servers rebooted becaause they couldn't do I/O on vfiler -Any pointers looking at below logs please? Switch logs: 2016 Apr 30 07:41:16.729 EAG-ECOM-POD111GPU-SWF1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_LINK_FAILURE: Interface Ethernet152/1/8 is down (Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign correct values to the multiple words?

The file1 contains mistakes and looks like 1 No one have never become rich by giving. Anne Dickens 2 No one is worthless in this globe who lightens the weights of other. Charles_Dickens file2 contains the correction of words and looks like rich poor have has never ever... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
3 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -exEX3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 The -E and -X are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (i.e., changes that would be flagged with ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines from both files will be inserted by the edit script, bracketed by "<<<<<<" and ">>>>>>" lines. For example, suppose lines 7-8 are changed in both file1 and file2. Applying the edit script generated by the command "diff3 -E file1 file2 file3" to file1 results in the file: lines 1-6 of file1 <<<<<<< file1 lines 7-8 of file1 ======= lines 7-8 of file3 >>>>>>> file3 rest of file1 The -E option is used by RCS merge(1) to insure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's atten- tion. FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/libexec/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 DIFF3(1)