Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing graphics card
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory removing graphics card Post 37373 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 17th of June 2003 04:31:06 PM
Old 06-17-2003
there is a company that sells a PCI card to enable PC's to run 'headless'

heres the link : http://www.realweasel.com/

--From Linux Buyers Guide:
"The PC Weasel PCI provides a serial console for PC based servers, and allows these machines
to run headless, as the card emulates all video and keyboard behaviour. The device requires
no drivers or software, and is O/S independent. The PC Weasel PCI gives you remote access
to the BIOS (including POST codes) and permits the user to administer a "hard" reset to the
system remotely."

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

GXT250 graphics card fileset

Hello there! Can anybody help me with regards to the driver of GXT250P graphics adapter. I have searched the web for the fileset devices.pci.14103c00 however no success was found. My current AIX version is 4.1.5 and my machine is 7043-140. My installation AIX CD is not working anymore, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
0 Replies

2. AIX

Request Help Finding a Kybd, Mouse, Graphics Card

Hi All - I looked through this forum and a couple of other places without success. Maybe someone here can help. I very recently came into possession of a p520, a 9131-52A. It arrived without documentation, mouse, keyboard, or graphics card. I managed to get ASMI to work on both DB-9 ports... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeJ
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help, how do I find out what graphics card I have?

I am on an HP C8000 running B.11.11, I have no idea how to tell what graphics card I have...and the amount of memory it has, driver, etc. Also, how do I tell how much ram the box itself has, and other memory information like swap and processor speed and all that. Any help out there for me? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satraver
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Is possible to start Xserver in a domain of E25K without graphics card?

Hi, I need to start the Xserver process in a domain of a E25K which has installed Solaris 8, however this domain doesn't have installed a graphic card, is this possible? Or is there any way to emulate this process? In fact I don't know how to stop or start the Xserver process, is with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf8006
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

X server on HP-UX without graphics card

Hi Gurus, I'm trying to install Oracle on HP-UX 11.23. The Oracle installer needs an X server running on the box. You then start an X client on your PC, export the DISPLAY on UNIX and the installer displays on your PC. The problem is that my HP boxes do not have graphics cards installed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
6 Replies

7. Solaris

M4000 graphics card

Hi Guys, Anyone know any commands to verify the graphics card is installed correctly on an M4000? show-displays just comes back and echoes nothing. Also there is on input-device or output-device variable when you run printenv. This in itself is worrying. Any advice would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installing NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card

I am trying to install this NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card, it is a GeForce GTX460 EVGA. I have tried all the commands to turn off the Xserver yes I can get it off yes I can get to root prompt or sudo prompt in home directory but every time I use the sh NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdevon
0 Replies
get_gfx_mode_type(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					get_gfx_mode_type(3alleg4)

NAME
get_gfx_mode_type - Retrieves type information for a specific graphics card. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int get_gfx_mode_type(int graphics_card); DESCRIPTION
This function lets you determine the types of operating modes that a specific graphics card driver operates in. It will tell you whether it is a windowed, fullscreen, definitely windowed or fullscreen, and/or a magic driver. The value returned is a bitfield consisting of these fields: GFX_TYPE_UNKNOWN GFX_TYPE_WINDOWED GFX_TYPE_FULLSCREEN GFX_TYPE_DEFINITE GFX_TYPE_MAGIC The return value will only be equivalent to GFX_TYPE_UNKNOWN when it is a driver unrecognized on that platform, or it is a bogus value. Test for the other types by using a bitwise AND. If the driver is windowed or fullscreen, it will also have the definite flag set. For example, int gfx_type = get_gfx_mode_type(GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED); gfx_type would have the GFX_TYPE_WINDOWED, GFX_TYPE_DEFINITE, and GFX_TYPE_MAGIC flags set. Allegro needs to be initialized first. Example: /* Accept the use of only windowed drivers in our selection dialog */ int accept_windowed(int card , int w , int h , int color_depth) { if (get_gfx_mode_type(card) & GFX_TYPE_WINDOWED) return 0; return 1; } /* In main: */ gfx_mode_select_filter(&card, &w, &h, &color_depth, accept_windowed); RETURN VALUE
Returns a bitfield describing the graphics mode type. SEE ALSO
gfx_mode_select_filter(3alleg4), get_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), is_windowed_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_gfx_mode_type(3alleg4)