Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Porting the server part of a VC++ Application on UNIX OS Post 3725 by Neo on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 10:52:56 AM
Old 07-10-2001
Windows NT architecture is dramatically different that UNIX. You cannot simply convert dramatically different architectures. NT registries, etc. all of these 'NT things' do not simply translate to UNIX.

When architectures are very different, a much higher level of transformation is required; normally a top down architectural redesign.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I am porting Dll from NT to Unix, how should I proceed

I am porting Dll from Windows NT to Unix, Could any body pls guide me how should I proceed?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Programming

Porting Win32 application into Linux

I need port Win32 console application, which was developed with MS Visual Studio 6.0 (without MFC using) into Linux. What is the best way to port project? Are there any standard tools or decisions? Thank you in advance, Sergey (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergeyy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 oracle version in unix application server

Hi, Ive got to 2 Oracle Versions in the application server. Currently running on 8.0.5, and I've recently installed 8.1.7. I would like to ask if it is possible upon restarting the server, to set the default environment to be pointing to 8.1.7 instead of 8.0.5? thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

porting programs with dcom to unix

Hi I have a rather large set of sas programs that i want to port to unix sas. All of these programs uses windows functionality somehow. For example win API calls and ole-dll:s via com and dcom. Now my company is moving to sas on unix, and we must port these apps (sas macros). So what Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iommi
3 Replies

6. AIX

porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5

Hi all, I am facing problem in porting to 64 bit AIX especially with compiling options to compile and run under 64 bit kernel.Can any one put some light on the issue thanks in advance vishal (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
14 Replies

7. AIX

IBM DB2 UDB to SQL Server 2005 Porting

Hi All, Am porting my application from AIX to Windows. As a part of this I need to port the Database in IBM DB2 UDB to SQL Server 2005. Is there any Guide/Doc/Article available on this? How to convert the stored procedures and physical data from DB2 to SQL Server 2005? Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redploymnet of python application on UNIX Server

I have created the python application, which was deployed on UNIX server but due to some certain issues I have to redeploy the application every time while logging in to the server I am trying to make it work permanently on that server even when I am not using the UNIX server also Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varul29
1 Replies
RunTargetUnitTests(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     RunTargetUnitTests(1)

NAME
RunTargetUnitTests -- run unit tests for the current target SYNOPSIS
RunTargetUnitTests DESCRIPTION
RunTargetUnitTests examines its environment and runs the unit tests it presumes are present using otest(1). RunTargetUnitTests is intended to be called from a shell script build phase. It expects certain environment variables to be configured from Xcode build settings (see below). RunTargetUnitTests will run tests for all built architectures appropriate for the machine running the tests. ENVIRONMENT
ARCHS The architectures the tests were built for; when tests are run, they will be run once per architecture. If unspecified, tests are run for the architecture returned by arch(1). DEVELOPER_DIR The Xcode folder, e.g. "/Developer". If unspecified the value for SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR will be used, or "/Developer" if that also is unspecified. BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR The directory containing built products; when tests are run, this is specified in DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. If unspecified tests are run from the current working directory with no DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. FULL_PRODUCT_NAME The full name of the built product, including its wrapper extension if any. GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC Whether or not the test bundle was compiled with Objective-C garbage collection enabled. Possible values are unsupported, supported, and required. If not set, defaults to unsupported, which will run otest(1) with Objective-C garbage collection disabled. NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL The architecture of the machine running the tests, used to determine for which architectures tests can be run. If unspecified, defaults to the architecture returned by arch(1). OTEST The path to the otest command line tool; defaults to /Developer/Tools/otest. TEST_AFTER_BUILD Set to YES to run tests, any other value will prevent test execution. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunTargetUnitTests The script used to run tests from a shell script build phase. /Developer/Tools/otest The OCUnit test rig. SEE ALSO
arch(1), otest(1) Mac OS X June 2, 2019 Mac OS X