Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find command in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find command in Solaris Post 3709 by loitschix on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 08:41:15 AM
Old 07-10-2001
find...

hi.

i think you have got an error, haven't you? Smilie

the syntax is:

find . -type f +mtime 90 -exec rm {} \;

but i think it is better you mave this things, or copy it first to another location.

find . +mtime 90 -print | xargs cp -R /savedir

cheers, alex...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command loops in a sun Solaris 8 cluster

It has happended twice the past 3 months. The find command which is the standard part of unix accounting script "dodisk", which searches directories to find out how much disk space a user has used. On a particular cluster of 6 servers, several file systems, the find command has twice used all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find Hardware model in Solaris

Hi, I need a command to find the Hardware Model in Solaris 8,9,10,11. The command which I am using right now is: /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag The problem is in this output:- System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Netra T1 200 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz) Here I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

6. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Is it possible to find the seek rate of the find command in Solaris?

Hello, I am running some performance based tests on Solaris, and I was wondering how fast the "seeking" rate of Solaris is, or how fast Solaris can get information about files with the "find" command. Does anyone know what 'find' command I could run to traverse through my system to see the rate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
FIND(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FIND(1)

NAME
find - find files meeting a given condition SYNOPSIS
find directory expression EXAMPLES
find / -name a.out -print # Print all a.out paths find /usr/ast ! -newer f -ok rm {} ; # Ask before removing find /usr -size +20 -exec mv {} /big ; # move files > 20 blks find / -name a.out -o -name '*.o' -exec rm {}; # 2 conds DESCRIPTION
Find descends the file tree starting at the given directory checking each file in that directory and its subdirectories against a predi- cate. If the predicate is true, an action is taken. The predicates may be connected by -a (Boolean and), -o (Boolean or) and ! (Boolean negation). Each predicate is true under the conditions specified below. The integer n may also be +n to mean any value greater than n, -n to mean any value less than n, or just n for exactly n. -name s true if current filename is s (include shell wild cards) -size n true if file size is n blocks -inum n true if the current file's i-node number is n -mtime ntrue if modification time relative to today (in days) is n -links ntrue if the number of links to the file is n -newer ftrue if the file is newer than f -perm n true if the file's permission bits = n (n is in octal) -user u true if the uid = u (a numerical value, not a login name) -group gtrue if the gid = g (a numerical value, not a group name) -type x where x is bcdfug (block, char, dir, regular file, setuid, setgid) -xdev do not cross devices to search mounted file systems Following the expression can be one of the following, telling what to do when a file is found: -print print the file name on standard output -exec execute a MINIX command, {} stands for the file name -ok prompts before executing the command SEE ALSO
test(1), xargs(1). FIND(1)