Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: An Auto-Login "ftp" Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers An Auto-Login "ftp" Script Post 37049 by tphan on Tuesday 10th of June 2003 10:41:16 PM
Old 06-10-2003
Question An Auto-Login "ftp" Script

We are running SCO Unix under Unixware 2.1.3 (really old!). I would appreciate if someone could show me the code of a script to automatically "ftp" one or more files to another SCO Unix computer on the nightly basis, then gracefully termninate the ftp session. Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script as a login shell return "no controlling terminal"

I have created a ksh shell script and used it as a login shell for a user. </etc/passwd> lramirev:x:111:200:Luis:/export/home/menush:/usr/local/menush/menush My shell script is like this: </usr/local/menush/menush> #!/bin/ksh # if ] then . $HOME/.profile fi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramirev
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that can give login password for "ssh" without involving STDIN

Hi Folks, I am writing a shell script that can logon to remote machine automatically. But, I am facing one problem. I am using "ssh" command in script and while login into remote machine it asks for passowrd and it stops for STDIN input for password. I want my script to supply password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file.

Hello All Nice to meet you all here in this forum, it's my 1rst time here i'm asking about a little issue that i face i added a ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file. the script is working fine with normal telnet but Xstart is not working... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Copy files between partitions with "without auto-mount" option enabled - possible?

Hello, fellow Unixers and Macers, I'll run several OS X versions each on its own dedicated partition. Partitions won't be seeing each other (by editing fstab). Question: will I be able to copy files between those partitions? Partition #1: Mavericks. Partition #2: HighSierra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						       System Administration						       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [options] device [block-count] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs filesystem on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The block-count parameter is the desired size of the filesystem, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N, --inodes number Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified, some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V, --vname label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F, --fname name Specify the filesystem name. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -c This option is silently ignored. -l This option is silently ignored. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. Option -V only works as --version when it is the only option. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 MKFS.BFS(8)