Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers open a picture file in unix (putty) Post 36916 by javatutor on Friday 6th of June 2003 08:12:57 PM
Old 06-06-2003
open a picture file in unix (putty)

hi i'm logged on to my schools unix machine via putty. how do i open/view a jpg picture file that is there on my root catalog?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do u open a read only file in Unix?

How do u open a read only file in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

open unix file in windows

Hi, I have a text file in unix. i am trying to give a link in Internet explorer to that file. If i click on the link in Internet Explorer page then it should display the text from file in unix. is that anyway possible.... i am trying it for past 2 days....if i find a way out i will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open .zip file created in UNIX

Hi I am using the unix zip command to zip a file name to name .zip. I am then ftping the file to my windows Xp desktop and trying to open it using compressed(zipped) folders. Then iam getting an error like 'the compressed(zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted' Please advice. regards,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open windows's .url file in unix

In windows, I can create a shortcut for websites. It's a .url file. the content of the file is like: How can I open it, the .url file, in firefox or google chrome in Unix(or just ubuntu)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hz_i3
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

6. Programming

how to copy downloaded file into my source file folder (putty/unix)

I need to "Ensure that when you download libchat.a from the VLE you have copied it to the same folder on ius as your source files. You then refer to the library (and the libraries it needs) with: gcc -o outputfile sourcefile.c -L. -lchat -lsocket -lnsl" But I have no idea what this means! (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakuse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open txt file in UNIX using cat utility

Hi, I am not being able to open txt files with 'cat'. One thing to mention is, the filenames start with #. I guess one can have a unix filename that starts with a special/wildcard character. I have filenames starting with @ and they are opening perfectly with cat. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a file in UNIX mode

hi, The function open(OUTPUT, ">$output_filename"); #opens the file in (DOS) windows mode. how to open the output file in unix mode. please suggest. thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
10 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create movie from jpg (or other picture format) file

hi linux expert is there any program for create movie file from pictures file (like jpg)? Many Thanks samad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
Picture(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       Picture(3U)

NAME
Picture - composite structured graphic SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Graphic/picture.h> DESCRIPTION
A Picture defines a composition of graphic objects. A picture has its own graphics state, which it concatenates with its children's state when it is drawn or erased. Picture adopts the default concatenation semantics supported by the Graphic base class: The picture's graphics state effectively overrides its children's so that they are drawn with the picture's state information substituted for their own. A child's attribute is used only when the picture does not already define it. Moreover, each child's transformer is postmultiplied by the picture's transformer when the picture is drawn; thus children are drawn relative to the picture's coordinate system. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Picture(Graphic* = nil) Construct a new picture, optionally supply a graphic from which to copy an initial set of graphics state. Picture is derived from FullGraphic and therefore defines a full set of graphics state. virtual ~Picture() The picture deletes its children when it is deleted. boolean IsEmpty() Picture defines IsEmpty in addition to the standard Graphic child traversal operations to provide a convenient way to check if the picture has any children. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
Graphic* graphic(UList*) UList* Elem(Iterator) Convenience functions for extracting a graphic from a UList element and a UList from an iterator. SEE ALSO
Graphic(3U), Iterator(3U), Transformer(3I), UList(3U), pspaint(3U) Unidraw 1 February 1991 Picture(3U)