Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power Cycling
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Power Cycling Post 3685 by DPAI on Monday 9th of July 2001 04:57:05 PM
Old 07-09-2001
Data Power Cycling

Hello Friends ,
I have been reading some of the Sys Admin notes when i came across a term "Power Cycling"
Can anybody please explain what this means
Thank You

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mdelete power

hi to all! im using hp-ux 10.2 is it posible for the mdelete command to execute on the root directory if it did not find any file on the specified sub-directory? this is my sample script USER=root PASSWD=root cd /u01/app/oralog/arch ftp -n 192.119.10.3 user $USER $PASSWD prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunsbong
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to tell Power 4/5/6

I'm looking for a way - from the command line - to tell whether a given AIX system I have is a Power5, Power4 or Power6 machine - it seems like there would be an option to 'uname' but I couldn't find one. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why?

Hello all, Working in KSH using Solaris, the default editor is VIM. So, per session, I run a small rc script which calls export editor=emacs This works for commands at the prompt. But if I cycle through command history (Using the up arrow) the command line editor defaults to VIM. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggmatters
2 Replies

5. Linux

power off during weekend

Hello, I would like to turn off (mean no energy consumption) some servers during the weekend. I would like to do it automatically so i thought to create macro commands to a shell client.The problem is that giving shutdown (shutdown -h now) the server(Sun X4200 M2) turn off but the fans are still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

WGET cycling on an updating page

Hello, I am experiencing an issue while downloading a few pages using wget. All of them work without a problem except one which is a page that does a tail on the log and as a result is constantly getting updated. wget here seems to run endlessly and needs to be manually killed. I wanted to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Power Hour?

I had some free time at work today so I decided to get a little practice with my shell scripts (I'm pretty new to the whole UNIX thing). I'm sure I'm not the only college student here so maybe this code will come in handy for future weekends. #!/bin/sh if then echo "No playlist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedoobieman5
0 Replies

8. Hardware

USB power cycling poblem on RPI

I am having a problem with cycling USB bus power on the RPI B+ (3.18.7+). Each time I power the USB bus off and on, a device plugged into it gets a higher Device number, and eventually the bus crashes (does not enumerate new devices any more) As a demonstration, I wrote the python script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthielen
4 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats - Collect linux socket statistics. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats->new; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats gathers socket statistics from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. SOCKET STATISTICS
Generated by /proc/net/sockstat. used - Total number of used sockets. tcp - Number of tcp sockets in use. udp - Number of udp sockets in use. raw - Number of raw sockets in use. ipfrag - Number of ip fragments in use (only available by kernels > 2.2). METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats->new; It's possible to set the path to the proc filesystem. Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats->new( files => { # This is the default path => '/proc', sockstat => 'net/sockstat', } ); get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::SockStats(3pm)