Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network speed is slow
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users network speed is slow Post 36365 by kie on Wednesday 28th of May 2003 05:16:58 AM
Old 05-28-2003
check on the network switch what the port is set too, it may not match

Kieran

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Network speed on HPUX

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change network speed or duplex speed...don't understand the concept why that is imp when the server comes back up to check up on it. Basically have to make sure that the setting from the orginial speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

speed test +20,000 file existance checks too slow

Need to make a very fast file existence checker. Passing in 20-50K num of files In the code below ${file} is a file with a listing of +20,000 files. test_speed is the script. I am commenting out the results of <time test_speed try>. The normal "test -f" is much much too slow when a system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

4. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Perl script: how to speed up?

I had written a perl script to compare two files: new and master and get the output of the first file i.e. the first file: words that are not in the master file STRUCTURE OF THE TWO FILES The first file is a series of names ramesh sushil jonga sudesh lugdi whereas the second file (could be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

6. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Local Network Speed

Dear All, I have an intel NUC running CentOS 7 and physically connected to my Netgear CBVG834G router. They both have Gigabit Ethernet cards and supposedly a top notch network cable connecting the two devices. But when I run ethtool the connection is only running at 100Mbit/s What can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed?

I have "inherited" a OmniOS (illumos based) server. I noticed rsync is significantly slower in respect to my reference, FreeBSD 12-CURRENT, running on exactly same hardware. Using same hardware, same command with same source and target disks, OmniOS r151026 gives: test@omniosce:~# time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
WHOM(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   WHOM(1)

NAME
whom - report to whom a message would go SYNOPSIS
whom [-alias aliasfile] [-check | -nocheck] [-draftfolder +folder] [-draftmessage msg] [-nodraftfolder] [-server servername] [-port port- name/number] [-sasl] [-saslmech mechanism] [-snoop] [-user username] [-tls] [-notls] [file] [-draft] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Whom is used to expand the headers of a message into a set of addresses and optionally verify that those addresses are deliverable at that time (if -check is given). The -draftfolder +folder and -draftmessage msg switches invoke the nmh draft folder facility. This is an advanced (and highly useful) fea- ture. Consult the mh-draft(5) man page for more information. If nmh is using the SMTP MTA, the -server and the -port switches can be used to override the default mail server (defined by the /etc/nmh/mts.conf servers entry). The -snoop switch can be used to view the SMTP transaction. (Beware that the SMTP transaction may con- tain authentication information either in plaintext or easily decoded base64.) If nmh has been compiled with SASL support, the -sasl switch will enable the use of SASL authentication with the SMTP MTA. Depending on the SASL mechanism used, this may require an additional password prompt from the user (but the ".netrc" file can be used to store this password). -saslmech switch can be used to select a particular SASL mechanism, and the the -user switch can be used to select a authoriza- tion userid to provide to SASL other than the default. If SASL authentication is successful, nmh will attempt to negotiate a security layer for session encryption. Encrypted data is labelled with `(encrypted)' and `(decrypted)' when viewing the SMTP transaction with the -snoop switch. The -saslmaxssf switch can be used to select the maximum value of the Security Strength Factor. This is an integer value and the exact meaning of this value depends on the underlying SASL mechanism. A value of 0 disables encryption. If nmh has been compiled with TLS support, the -tls and -notls switches will require and disable the negotiation of TLS support when con- necting to the SMTP MTA. Encrypted data is labelled with `(tls-encrypted)' and `(tls-decrypted)' when viewing the SMTP transction with the -snoop switch. The files specified by the profile entry "Aliasfile:" and any additional alias files given by the -alias aliasfile switch will be read (more than one file, each preceded by -alias, can be named). See mh-alias(5) for more information. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Draft-Folder: To find the default draft-folder Aliasfile: For a default alias file postproc: Program to post the message SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5), post(8) DEFAULTS
`file' defaults to <mh-dir>/draft `-nocheck' `-alias' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases CONTEXT
None BUGS
With the -check option, whom makes no guarantees that the addresses listed as being ok are really deliverable, rather, an address being listed as ok means that at the time that whom was run the address was thought to be deliverable by the transport service. For local addresses, this is absolute; for network addresses, it means that the host is known; for uucp addresses, it (often) means that the UUCP network is available for use. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 WHOM(1)