Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compare update time of files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers compare update time of files Post 36302 by yeheyaansari on Tuesday 27th of May 2003 08:29:09 AM
Old 05-27-2003
you can use

ls -l yeh.log|sed "s/ */ /g"|cut -d" " -f6-8

to get the Update time of file

Regards,
Yeheya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare files acess time

I need to compare x file with y file. If x file is newer than y file do xxxx; (I used touch -t yymmddxxx to chnage the time for y file) How can i do that? I tried use if then echo "Xxx";; fi But cant....any other good ways to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data in two flat files and update them?

Hi All, I am giving an example similar to the problem I have. I have two data files of 10 columns each in which fields are delimited by comma(,). I need to compare compare the two files using the uniq col(col3). If there are any records in file1 and are not in file2 then I have check the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

time from 2 files to compare

In first file say first.txt, i have a content say 14:56. In second file, say second.txt i have content say 16:01.... I want to compare if these two times in these 2 files are having a difference of 15 minutes...Can any one please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.b
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files, 2 lines at a time

Hi Guys, I want to find any differences between packages installed on 2 servers/zones. I have 2 files that contain the output from pkginfo -x . I want to know if any packages exist only in one file and I want to also know about any packages that exist in both but with a different version. ie:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare date and time inside data of two files

i have two files with identical no of columns. 6th columns is date (MM/DD/YY format) and 7th columns is time (HH:MM:SS) format. I need to compare these two vaules and if the date & time is higher than fileA, save it on fileC; if the value is lower, then save it on fileD CONDITIONS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two flat files and update one based on the values in the other

Hi, I'm a newbie to scripting and am trying to compare two files using awk. The files are exactly the same dimensions. Where the first file has 0's I would like to create an updated version of the second file which has the corresponding elements set to zero also. eg: file1: 12345 1 2 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and update one?

Hi, I have got 2 files which i need to compare and append based on the below conditions. file 1: File 1 has data in the following format 4300 2356 C234 5689 5500 2345 File 2 has data in the same fomat 4300 49 5555 12345 Now i need to compare the first 4 bytes in each line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need solution to compare two file and update and append the output

Hi All, I have two files File1 frame,007C1 server1_Parent frame,007C3 server2_Silver frame,007EE server3_Bronze frame,00855 server4_Parent frame,00856 server4_Parent frame,00858 server5_Parent frame,008FA server6_Silver frame,008FB server6_Silver frame,008FC server6_Silver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
nearbyintd64(3M)														  nearbyintd64(3M)

NAME
nearbyintd64(), nearbyintd128(), nearbyintd32() - decimal round to nearest integer functions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
returns the integer (represented as a number) nearest x according to the current (decimal) rounding direction mode. In the default rounding direction (round to nearest with ties to even), is the integer nearest x with the additional stipulation that if |-x|=1/2, then is even. If the current rounding direction is toward negative infinity, returns the same value as If the current rounding direction is toward posi- tive infinity, returns the same value as If the current rounding direction is toward zero, returns the same value as If the current round- ing direction is to nearest with ties awary from zero, returns the same value as differs from only in that raises the inexact exception if the result differs in value from the argument, while does not. is a version of it takes a argument and returns a result. is a version of it takes a argument and returns a These math functions are supported for HP-UX 11i Version 3 September 2008 Update and forward. result. USAGE
To use any of these functions, compile with the option. Make sure your program defines and then includes Link in the math library by specifying or on the linking command line. For more information, see the at the following site: RETURN VALUE
If x is returns x. If x is NaN, returns NaN. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
ceild64(3M), fabsd64(3M), fe_dec_getround(3M), fe_dec_setround(3M), floord64(3M), fmodd64(3M), rintd64(3M), roundd64(3M), truncd64(3M), math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
These functions conform to ISO/IEC TR 24732, "Extension for the programming language C to support decimal floating-point arithmetic". HP Integrity Server Only nearbyintd64(3M)