Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IRIX books, manuals, references... Post 363 by PxT on Tuesday 28th of November 2000 04:57:13 PM
Old 11-28-2000
I dont know of any books either, but you might find this area helpful:

http://www-viz.tamu.edu/~sgi-faq/

Extensive FAQ's on various Irix topics (admin, security, apps, hardware, etc.)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix newbie: manuals

Hi to everybody! I'm new italian unix user and, of course, i 've got problems during my "administrative" part. Does anyone know where to get some manuals (.pdf, .doc ...) for the unix commands? Thank in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mauro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Manuals

Hey, I have a red hat linux server, and am lost in the wilderness. any type of 300000 page boxo someone wrote to help? ia m in need of deperate care (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1zm0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobalt Raq3 -- Manuals Needed

Hi I decided to buy a cobalt Raq3 but have no clue on how to set one up. I thought it would be straight forward but its not as simple as it looks. Can anyone provide me with locations of manuals or noobie setup instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon Lama
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DGUX manuals

Hi Anyone know where i get DGUX manuals.... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flipper_Al
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP9000 I70 E35 E55 manuals

I am looking for the service manuals of these servers. Can anyone would like to share please? I know the documentation is in the form of hard copy only. But if someome can share through scan or want to sell, let me know. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samurai123
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Manuals

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I am desperate! Can anyone help me get hold of manuals for the n4000 series server? I need to get the hardware assembled correctly so I can install hp-ux11. Any help would be much appreciated. We bought a decomissioned server but have zero... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
7 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Training manuals

Hi, I have stack of SCO Open server and general SCO training books, materials and guides. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in this stuff? Perhaps it recycle time? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scocrush
6 Replies
Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)

NAME
Data::Phrasebook::SQL - The SQL/DBI Phrasebook Model. SYNOPSIS
use Data::Phrasebook; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect(...); my $book = Data::Phrasebook->new( class => 'SQL', dbh => $dbh, file => 'queries.txt', ); my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => "Lance Parkin" }); while ( my $row = $q->fetchrow_hashref ) { print "He wrote $row->{title} "; } $q->finish; queries.txt: find_author=select title,author from books where author = :author DESCRIPTION
In order to make use of features like placeholders in DBI in conjunction with phrasebooks, it's helpful to have a phrasebook be somewhat more aware of how DBI operates. Thus, you get "Data::Phrasebook::SQL". "Data::Phrasebook::SQL" has knowledge of how DBI works and creates and executes your queries appropriately. CONSTRUCTOR
new Not to be accessed directly, but via the parent Data::Phrasebook, by specifying the class as SQL. Additional arguments to those described in Data::Phrasebook::Generic are: o "dbh" - a DBI database handle. METHODS
dbh Set, or get, the current DBI handle. query Constructs a Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query object from a template. Takes at least one argument, this being the identifier for the query. The identifier is used as a key into the phrasebook "file". A second argument can be provided, which is an optional hashref of key to value mappings. If phrasebook has a YAML source looking much like the following: --- find_author: sql: select class,title,author from books where author = :author You could write: my $q = $book->query( 'find_author' ); OR my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); OR my $author = 'Lance Parkin'; my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => $author, } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In the above examples, the parameters are bound to the SQL using the bind parameters functionality. This is more efficient in most cases where the same SQL is reused with different values for fields. However, not all SQL statements just need to bind parameters, some may require the ability to replace parameters, such as a field list. --- find_author: sql: select :fields from books where author = :author my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', replace => { fields => 'class,title,author' }, bind => { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In all instances, if the SQL template requested does not exist or has no definition, then an error will be thrown. Consult Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query for what you can then do with your returned object. For reference: the bind hashref argument, if it is given, is given to the query object's "order_args" and then "args" methods. SEE ALSO
Data::Phrasebook, Data::Phrasebook::Generic, Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query. SUPPORT
Please see the README file. AUTHOR
Original author: Iain Campbell Truskett (16.07.1979 - 29.12.2003) Maintainer: Barbie <barbie@cpan.org> since January 2004. for Miss Barbell Productions <http://www.missbarbell.co.uk>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2003 Iain Truskett. Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Barbie for Miss Barbell Productions. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the Artistic Licence v2. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-31 Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)