Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IRIX books, manuals, references... Post 361 by lozinit on Tuesday 28th of November 2000 04:54:16 PM
Old 11-28-2000
Thanks.. for the most part SGI's Unix does follow System V. Its just those few "extra and different commands" that are enough to drive me up the wall ( And they are not in the man pages! ).
I am used to SCO-, HP, and Linux. Irix is a nice twist to remind me that no matter how much I think I know about *nix, I don't know enough.
Thanks!
~M

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix newbie: manuals

Hi to everybody! I'm new italian unix user and, of course, i 've got problems during my "administrative" part. Does anyone know where to get some manuals (.pdf, .doc ...) for the unix commands? Thank in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mauro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Manuals

Hey, I have a red hat linux server, and am lost in the wilderness. any type of 300000 page boxo someone wrote to help? ia m in need of deperate care (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1zm0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobalt Raq3 -- Manuals Needed

Hi I decided to buy a cobalt Raq3 but have no clue on how to set one up. I thought it would be straight forward but its not as simple as it looks. Can anyone provide me with locations of manuals or noobie setup instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon Lama
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DGUX manuals

Hi Anyone know where i get DGUX manuals.... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flipper_Al
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP9000 I70 E35 E55 manuals

I am looking for the service manuals of these servers. Can anyone would like to share please? I know the documentation is in the form of hard copy only. But if someome can share through scan or want to sell, let me know. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samurai123
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Manuals

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I am desperate! Can anyone help me get hold of manuals for the n4000 series server? I need to get the hardware assembled correctly so I can install hp-ux11. Any help would be much appreciated. We bought a decomissioned server but have zero... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
7 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Training manuals

Hi, I have stack of SCO Open server and general SCO training books, materials and guides. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in this stuff? Perhaps it recycle time? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scocrush
6 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)