Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IRIX books, manuals, references... Post 360 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of November 2000 04:46:46 PM
Old 11-28-2000
I have never seen a good book specific to SGI's UNIX implementation. As I recall, SGI's UNIX follows the System V migration path, so a good book on System V Unix would cover most of it, if that is the case.

I've used SGI UNIX servers and found them to be just like all other flavors of UNIX. I don't recall any remarkable differences and it seemed 'just another morph of UNIX' to me.

I also searched Amazon.com and come up with a blank.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix newbie: manuals

Hi to everybody! I'm new italian unix user and, of course, i 've got problems during my "administrative" part. Does anyone know where to get some manuals (.pdf, .doc ...) for the unix commands? Thank in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mauro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Manuals

Hey, I have a red hat linux server, and am lost in the wilderness. any type of 300000 page boxo someone wrote to help? ia m in need of deperate care (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1zm0
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobalt Raq3 -- Manuals Needed

Hi I decided to buy a cobalt Raq3 but have no clue on how to set one up. I thought it would be straight forward but its not as simple as it looks. Can anyone provide me with locations of manuals or noobie setup instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon Lama
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DGUX manuals

Hi Anyone know where i get DGUX manuals.... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flipper_Al
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP9000 I70 E35 E55 manuals

I am looking for the service manuals of these servers. Can anyone would like to share please? I know the documentation is in the form of hard copy only. But if someome can share through scan or want to sell, let me know. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samurai123
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Manuals

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I am desperate! Can anyone help me get hold of manuals for the n4000 series server? I need to get the hardware assembled correctly so I can install hp-ux11. Any help would be much appreciated. We bought a decomissioned server but have zero... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
7 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Training manuals

Hi, I have stack of SCO Open server and general SCO training books, materials and guides. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in this stuff? Perhaps it recycle time? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scocrush
6 Replies
DOM_IMPORT_SIMPLEXML(3) 						 1						   DOM_IMPORT_SIMPLEXML(3)

dom_import_simplexml - Gets aDOMElementobject from aSimpleXMLElementobject

SYNOPSIS
DOMElement dom_import_simplexml (SimpleXMLElement $node) DESCRIPTION
This function takes the node $node of class SimpleXML and makes it into a DOMElement node. This new object can then be used as a native DOMElement node. PARAMETERS
o $node - The SimpleXMLElement node. RETURN VALUES
The DOMElement node added or FALSE if any errors occur. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Import SimpleXML into DOM with dom_import_simplexml(3) <?php $sxe = simplexml_load_string('<books><book><title>blah</title></book></books>'); if ($sxe === false) { echo 'Error while parsing the document'; exit; } $dom_sxe = dom_import_simplexml($sxe); if (!$dom_sxe) { echo 'Error while converting XML'; exit; } $dom = new DOMDocument('1.0'); $dom_sxe = $dom->importNode($dom_sxe, true); $dom_sxe = $dom->appendChild($dom_sxe); echo $dom->saveXML(); ?> SEE ALSO
simplexml_import_dom(3). PHP Documentation Group DOM_IMPORT_SIMPLEXML(3)