Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Keeping an eye on all user activities Post 35852 by shauche on Friday 9th of May 2003 06:01:58 AM
Old 05-09-2003
Network Keeping an eye on all user activities

I am responsible for administering 6 Tru64UX servers.

I need to keep an eye on all the commands executed by all the users.

Is there a way where I can save the commands executed in a seperate folder and then keep checking the list every now and then.

How can do it ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking activities of Users using a particular login.

Hi!! Experts, I have a typical scenario here in which several users have access to a particular login .. say "build". None of the users know the passwd for this login. The name of some of the user have been to .rhosts file. The users can connect only by doing a rlogin to this id and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

patterns from logs and activities

hi, i need help writing shell scripts to define patterns of user activities on our apache. i thought about going through logfiles and other places where user activities are stored and use that data to define patterns of action. i want these patterns to be visualized then. now my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocketkids
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need for loop to do 2 activities

I need my for loop to do 2 things at a time. I have a script where I move the old files into archive directory and then i want to compress them. Presently I am using 2 for loops for it. How can i do it in 1 for loop. Code: after this i am compresing them in another for loop: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM Updation & Keeping User Change files during removal

Hi All, I have a RPM for an Java based application. Currently it works fine. But recently I want to implement that when newer packages gets installed over the older one, the rpm should only update the older files with the newer one (I know this could be done by rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm), but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SYSLOGS - Where can I find FTP activities

Greetings to all. I need help from the experts. I have been given a FTP server script that runs all day, looking for files that are FTP'd to our machines. Its hoaky I know, but there are times that files are sent but somehow get lost. Is there a logfile I can view to see when files are received? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

6. SuSE

How do I make activities appear in SYSLOG file?

SUSE Linux 11 and 10 SP3. I am trying to capture some of my activities in SYSLOG file, /var/log/messages. To do this I created and dropped some test files and directories and users. But these activities are not captured in /var/log/messages. What should I do to make these activities... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
7 Replies

7. AIX

EYE function

Hello, could someone tell me if there's a function as on SOLARIS : EYE, to identify the function of server. Thank you, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
4 Replies
PCONSOLE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PCONSOLE(1)

NAME
pconsole - parallel console shell for administering clusters. SYNOPSIS
pconsole DESCRIPTION
pconsole allows you to connect to each node of your cluster simultaneously, and you can type your administrative commands in a specialized window that 'multiplies' the input to each of the connections you have opened. pconsole is best run from within X Windows, although it is possible to employ it without X (in console mode) as well. You need to install pconsole on only 1 machine in the cluster, this would usually be your central administrative node. OPTIONS
pconsole need to be executed with superuser permissions, and enters in interactive mode let you attach other devices so that all the com- mands sent to the console mode of pconsole are sent to the devices. This allows you to parallelize the execution of the same command in various machines at a time. pconsole has two working modes: command mode From this mode pconsole can attach and dettach devices, list the attached devices at a time, connect to sending mode where you can send commands to the attached devices, and quit. To enter in command mode, use CTRL-A from sending mode. sending mode The mode where the commands sent to it are sent to the devices attached. To enter this mode use CTRL-D or use the console command. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pconsole/README.gz xterm(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). PCONSOLE(1)